navigation bar submenu not showing on ie

Support Area Forums Foundation navigation bar submenu not showing on ie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Karen Sheeran
    Participant

Hi,
    On internet explorer my website does not show the drop downs/submenu in the navigation bar. How can I correct this?

Second, is it possible to put my all of my contact information in the footer, ie. address, phone, email, fax, etc.

Thanks,
    Karen Sheeran

Bill Robbins

Karen,

Let me see if I can help you out. For the drop-downs, IE often needs a bit of help with YouTube videos to have everything work just right. There is a post about this that offers some help in tweaking the embed code for that.

I’ve generally found that Vimeo’s player works a bit better with drop-down menus too.

You can also edit the footer text. Here’s how to do that:

1) Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2) From the list of files on your right, choose footer.php
    3) Look for this spot:

<p>© <?php echo date('Y'); ?> <a href="/"><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></a></p>

4) You can replace everything between <p> and </p> with the text you’d like to have there.
    5) Save your changes.

That should place your new text inside the footer for you.

If you have any trouble or questions, let me know.

ladyv1928
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Epic purchase. The sub-menus show in Safari and Firefox, but not IE.

I am a novice to WordPress and don’t understand much, but your theme helped tremendously. It’s taken me a couple of weeks, however, I’m pretty pleased with the results thus far…

My website is http://www.sccfministries.org

I absolutely love my Epic them and I am looking forward to purchasing a couple of more themes!

Thanks!
    Vanessa McQueen

Bill Robbins

Vanessa,

Thank you for your business first of all…sorry about the trouble too. Here’s how you can rescue your drop-downs in Internet Explorer:

1. Go to the appearance section of your WordPress control panel and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css and look for this spot:

body.light header {
      	background-color: #f3f3f3;
      	background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#f3f3f3),to(#dcdcdc));
      	background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #f3f3f3, #dcdcdc);
      	background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #f3f3f3, #dcdcdc);
      	background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top, #f3f3f3, #dcdcdc);
      	background-image: -ms-linear-gradient(top, #f3f3f3, #dcdcdc);
      	background-image: linear-gradient(top, #f3f3f3, #dcdcdc);
      	filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(GradientType=0,StartColorStr='#f3f3f3', EndColorStr='#dcdcdc');
      }

3. Delete this

filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(GradientType=0,StartColorStr='#f3f3f3', EndColorStr='#dcdcdc');

and save your changes.

That should take care of the drop downs. Internet Explorer (in older versions) didn’t have very good support for gradients like exist in the header. They have a means to do it, but one side effect is drop downs won’t work if there is a gradient behind the main navigation.

If you run into any other trouble or have other questions, please let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill Robbins

ladyv1928
    Participant

Bill,

Thanks so very much! It worked!

Thanks also for how quickly you responded to my question!

Can’t wait to see the rebuild of Organized Themes!

Thanks again!

Vanessa

Karen Sheeran
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    I read the post in response to my problem re: on internet explorer my website does not show the drop downs/submenu in the navigation bar.

I don’t see “body.light header {” in my css.style sheet for the foundation theme.

I’m still looking for a solution to this issue.

http://www.njqueenofhearts.org

Also, how can I change the homepage slider to show more than “5” images?

Thanks,
    Karen

Bill Robbins

Karen,

Good question. Foundation is made a bit differently from Epic so that’s spots not there. When you say you can’t see the drop downs, are they not appearing at all or do they look like they are showing up behind the slideshow?

For the slideshow, here’s how to change the number of slides:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose home.php and look for this spot:

<?php $loop = new WP_Query( array( 'post_type' => 'slide', 'posts_per_page' => 5, 'orderby'=>'menu_order', 'order'=>'ASC' ) ); ?>

3. Change the 5 to -1
    4. Save your changes

That should give you an unlimited number of slides. Just let me know about the drop-downs,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘navigation bar submenu not showing on ie’ is closed to new replies.