Navifation Text Size

Support Area Forums Umami Navifation Text Size

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://northeastwebcompany.co.uk/risingsun/
  • Author
    Ben Thomas
    Participant

Hi there

I recently used your post to display the navigation by default but the css i copied and pasted has made the navigation text the same size as the body text. I want it to be bigger and also would like to align my navigation to the left.

If you could help me out that would be great.

Thanks

Ben

Ben Thomas
    Participant

Also Bill

When using the default navigation it effect the scroll on the pages….it no longer exists i.e the sidebar stops as the pages keep going ?

Ben

Bill Robbins

Hey Ben,

Great question there. With the code from the other post, we’re actually removing the slicknav altogether so it does take out the control for the font size that’s built into the theme. You can still adjust it though by adding this to your Custom CSS:

ul.menu li {
    	font-size: 20px;
    	text-align: left;
    }

Change the font size to fit your needs. It also will align the text to the left for you.

I use bit of javascript to add a class to the body tag of the page when the sidebar is taller than the browser window. It looks like something is preventing that class from being added when necessary, like on the News page.

The Twitter button is also interjecting code there. Can we try disabling the sharing buttons and see if that’s related to the trouble here?

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Ben Thomas
    Participant

Hi Bill

Thanks so much for helping out with the menu. In regards to the scroll issue, I have looked high and low and disabled social icons, but nothing seems to fix it.

It’s a strange one, any ideas ?

Ben

Ben Thomas
    Participant

Sorry Bill, just to confirm, it sorts it’s self out when I remove the code to display the menu as originally asked.

Ben

Ben Thomas
    Participant

Aghhh I have kind of figured it our…

If I remove the widget on the sidebar it resolves, but when this is added, it causes the issue, I think it is because the sidbar is longer when you display the menu in this way, if it all displays on the page i.e no widget, the issues is fine.

Ben

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Ben,

The theme is made so that a new class will be added to the body tag when the browser window is taller than the sidebar. That class changes the position of the sidebar from fixed to relative allowing it to scroll up.

It looks like yesterday something was keeping that class from being added. As I’m looking this morning, it seems to work. The widget is gone so the sidebar is shorter, but still if I shrink my browser down and refresh, it still scrolls.

Let me know if it starts giving trouble again.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Navifation Text Size’ is closed to new replies.