Nav menu missing from responsive versions smaller than 768px

Support Area Forums Foundation Nav menu missing from responsive versions smaller than 768px

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Rachel Peterson
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I must have some setting wrong and can’t figure it out. Nav menu does not appear on screen sizes smaller than 768px wide. Can you tell me where to correct this?
    My URL is http://www.liberatedtech.org/

Thanks,
    Rachel

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Rachel,

Great question there. The theme uses a bit of javascript to convert the navigation menu to a select drop-down on smaller devices. There is a conflict that’s preventing that script from loading. The lightbox image viewer that’s bundled with your version of the theme had some trouble with WordPress 3.6. It thought that one of the components that was included was old because it’s version 1.10.2. Mathematically it thought that was the same as 1.1 which caused an error to be thrown which in turn keeps the navigation from working.

So there are a few ways to take care of that:

1 — Update the theme. You can update the theme by going to your WordPress control panel and selecting Updates. The update has a fix for the lightbox so it will work and not cause conflicts.

2. Update plugin. If you’ll look in the right hand column of our support site, you’ll see a box labeled WordPress 3.6 Upgrade. There is a link there that you can use to download a quick plugin that will cause WordPress to use the version of jQuery included with version 3.5. That will also fix the problem.

3. Disable the lightbox. You can also turn off the lightbox effect inside the theme options page. That will allow the other scripts to begin working again.

Ultimately the first option is the best. It keeps the theme current and also uses the most recent version of jQuery which is a best practice, especially moving forward.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Rachel Peterson
    Participant

Thanks, Bill.

I updated the theme and that fixed the nav menu. But…

After I did that, the Newsletter Widget would not format correctly.

I removed it from Home Bottom section then re-added it. It will not show up now.

I’ve cleared the cache and viewed incognito. No luck.

Any idea? Should I disable plugins to see if there is a conflict? Or is this a known problem to you?

http://www.liberatedtech.org

Thanks,
    Rachel

Bill Robbins

Rachel,

Well we’re not after new problems. Have you tried clearing out your WP Super Cache, cache and then viewing the home page. When I look at the source code I’m not seeing anything being output to that part of your home page.

If you’re still have trouble, could you send a login to support@organizedthemes.com so I can take a closer look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Nav menu missing from responsive versions smaller than 768px’ is closed to new replies.