Nav bar black background disappears in gallery format

Support Area Forums Elite Nav bar black background disappears in gallery format

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Karen Sykes
    Participant

Hi Bill, I’m just starting my site development and set my nav bar background color to black (under theme options>header>navigation bar color). When I changed the home page format to gallery, I lost the black nav background. Can you advise how to keep the black background?

thanks!

Bill Robbins

Hello Karen,

Thank you for your business.

Great question too. The “formats” — image, video and gallery are what trigger the “hero” area at the top of the pages. It’s the full width, full screen spot at the top of those pages, posts and products.

The only reason you’ll want to use a format is when you’d like to have the hero present. You can insert a thumbnail gallery into any page or post without setting the gallery format if you’d like to.

When a hero is present the navigation bar is transparent until the user has scrolled almost the full height of the hero so that the image isn’t covered up by the navigation.

If you want to have the navigation bar on top of the hero have a color, let me know and I can show you how to do that.

Thanks,
    Bill

Karen Sykes
    Participant

Thanks Bill, very helpful clarification. I wanted to sleep on this one, decided not to add the nav bar color on top of the hero. I would however like to change capitalization (not all caps). Can I do this in Appearance>Menus>CSS classes, or should I use custom CSS?

Bill Robbins

Hi Karen,

You can set the capitalization in the theme so that everything uses normal capitalization. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

button,
      a.button,
      input.button,
      input[type="button"],
      input[type="submit"],
      nav#top-menu li,
      input#s,
      h3.widget-title,
      h2.hero-title {
      	text-transform: none;	
      }

3. Update your settings.

Let me know if you run into trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Nav bar black background disappears in gallery format’ is closed to new replies.