My slide group isn't showing on my home page

Support Area Forums Elite My slide group isn't showing on my home page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Julia Parker
    Participant

I’ve inserted them as the slide group and I’ve added the page content for the home page widget. What else am I missing?

Bill Robbins

Julia,

Did you change the format of the page from “image” to “gallery?” That’s what will cause the hero section to go from having a static image at the top to having a slideshow.

See if that doesn’t do it for you,
    Bill

Julia Parker
    Participant

Hey Bill. I did have it in gallery but I needed to change my layout to full content. Once I did that it worked. However, it went back to being grey. Even my Hero text wouldn’t show. I had added a few new slides and then it went back to grey. I went back to my home page and hit update even though I didn’t change anything on that actual page and the slides showed up again. Is that the trick? That I need to update the home page every time I update the slides?

Thank you.

J

Julia Parker
    Participant

Ok, never mind. Now it’s just grey again.

Bill Robbins

I took a look and I believe this time the images are actually too large (don’t kill me). If they are too large they’ll take a long time to load and in some cases, the browser may stop rendering them for the viewer. The other images appeared because your browser already had a local copy of them that it had downloaded earlier.

Take the ring on the rock image (http://juliaparkerdesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Julia-Jewelry-073.jpg). It’s 4000 by 2662 pixels large and 3.5 mb in size. You probably want to shoot for images that are around 2000 pixels wide by 1200 pixels tall and under 250kb in file size. That will let them load quickly and function more easily too.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘My slide group isn't showing on my home page’ is closed to new replies.