My photos look fuzzy.

Support Area Forums Elite My photos look fuzzy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Julia Parker
    Participant

Can I get them back to a higher resolution?

Bill Robbins

Julia,

You may want to make them a bit larger. It looks like your home page image is sized to be 1000 pixels wide by 665 pixels tall. I would suggest using images that are around 1600 by 1100 or so for your hero images. That way the browser won’t have to stretch them which can make them a blurry or grainy.

See if that won’t help and let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Julia Parker
    Participant

I uploaded the higher resolution but it didn’t make a difference on the page that shows all the items together as a subcategory. They’re fine when I go into the product itself. Is there a setting I can adjust for the overall view?

Bill Robbins

Hey Julia,

I changed your thumbnail size in your WooCommerce settings (they are at the bottom of the Catalog tab in your WooCommerce settings) and then ran a resize thumbnails plugin to change the ones you’ve already uploaded. See if that’s better for you. If you’d like to change them again, you can do that in the Catalog tab in the WooCommerce settings. After you make those changes, go to Tools and select Reg. Thumbnails and run that to change the images you’ve already uploaded.

See how that works for you,
    Bill

Julia Parker
    Participant

Ok, so should I keep using the web size files or the newer higher resolution ones that I’m uploading now? I deleted the older web sized files because I thought I needed the higher resolution ones. But I can easily re-upload them.

Bill Robbins

I would keep on going with the larger ones if you have them. That way they’ll work well in just about every situation.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘My photos look fuzzy.’ is closed to new replies.