my "home block" doesn't get published!

Support Area Forums Selfie my "home block" doesn't get published!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    stefan danielsson
    Participant

hi!
    thanks for the great theme, but it does not work right!
    my “home blocks” will not be published but they are visible in the preview!
    please help!

Bill Robbins

Hello Stefan,

Sorry for the trouble there. Could you send over the URL to your site so I can take a look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

stefan danielsson
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for sending over the link. It looks like you need to create the site’s home page. If you’ll look in the theme instructions at https://support.organizedthemes.com/selfie/ there’s a section on the home page that can walk you trough it.

Basically you go to pages in your dashboard and create a new page. Look in the right hand column while making your page and you’ll see a drop-down menu labeled templates. Choose Home from that drop-down menu and publish your page.

Then go to the Settings section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Reading. At the top of this screen you can select what your front page displays. Choose to have a static page as your front page and then select the home page you just published to be your front page. If you’d like to have a blog, you can assign a page for it in the second drop-down there. Then update your settings.

That should bring up the theme’s home page for you with your published home blocks in it. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

stefan danielsson
    Participant

thank you very much, am new to this so nothing is easy!
    there is a risk that you hear from me again.
    best regards Stefan

Bill Robbins

Always happy to help. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘my "home block" doesn't get published!’ is closed to new replies.