Multiple menus

Support Area Forums Bottega Multiple menus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Oste Orso
    Participant

Hello,
    I was wondering if there is a way to set up multiple menu pages with different menus: let’s say I want to use the menu feature to build a “Food Menu” page and another page for the wine list. Is it possible to do so?
    Thanks in advance 🙂

Oste Orso
    Participant

Hello,
    I was wondering if there is a way to set up different menu pages with different menus: let’s say I want to have a “normal” menu page and a wine list page. Is it possible to do so?
    Thanks in advance! 🙂

Bill Robbins

Thank you for your business first of all. Good question too. You can create multiple menu pages. One way is to add your menu groups to the navigation menu directly. That will create a “page” for that menu group.

Using that method, you could create a menu group for all your food items, and one for your wines. Then add those groups to your navigation menu. That would create “pages” in a sense for each of those groups.

Another option that would give you more control over how they appear would be to use a “shortcode” for the menu groups. To use this option you would first organize your menu items into menu groups. You can have as many groups as you’d like to. You could have appetizers, salads, entrees, sides and so on for your food and reds, whites, sparkling and any other types you’d like to have for your wines.

Once you’ve added your items to groups, you can then create two new WordPress pages; one for food and one for wines.

In each page, you’ll want to place this code:

where you’d like to have a menu group displayed. Just replace the burgers with the slug of menu group you’d like to show there. You can find the slug by going to food and selecting menu groups. They will be listed in the top right along with their slugs.

You can place multiple shortcodes on the same page and build more complicated menus that way. You could list all your food on one and all your wines on another.

If you have any questions or trouble setting that up, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Oste Orso
    Participant

Amazing! Thanks for the quick reply, Bill. 🙂

You can place multiple shortcodes on the same page and build more complicated menus that way. You could list all your food on one and all your wines on another.

I tried to do that, since I have several menu groups (red, white, dessert wines, etc.), but it doesn’t show the name of the group as it does in the normal menu page. Is there another shortcode for that?

Thanks again!
    Paolo

Bill Robbins

Paolo,

Good question. You can actually place any text or images you’d like to
    use above or below the shortcodes. That way you can add in headings
    and text to go along with your lists.

If you have any trouble adding them in let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple menus’ is closed to new replies.