MP4 and YouTube video does not show on iPad or iphone

Support Area Forums Grassroots MP4 and YouTube video does not show on iPad or iphone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.100womenoakville.com
  • Author
    Fil DeStefano
    Participant

Hi Bill….I know devices won’t show MP4 vids automatically so I uploaded to YouTube and set that on my hero section. Still do not see video on devices (just computers). Do you know why?

Bill Robbins

Hello Fil,

Good question. It’s unlikely that video backgrounds will be supported anytime soon on mobile devices. Band with and memory usage are two big reasons why that’s unlikely. They are prohibited in the devices so there isn’t a way around them unfortunately.

Sorry,
    Bill

Fil DeStefano
    Participant

Thanks Bill that’s what I thought. I would like to simulate your demo grassroots site where there is video on the large screen and a static image on the devices. I somehow tried several ways and couldn’t match that. How is that setup? Thanks in advance!

Bill Robbins

If you’ll set a background image, it’ll be displayed instead of the video on smaller screens. Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘MP4 and YouTube video does not show on iPad or iphone’ is closed to new replies.