More than 10 menu groups

Support Area Forums Moonrise More than 10 menu groups

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Birgit Reizevoort
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Is it possible to have more than 10 menu groups? The menu I have to implement has at least 15.

Thanks,
    Birgit

Bill Robbins

Brigit, do you need more than 10 on the home page?

jay yerxa
    Participant

Was there ever a solution for this?

Bill Robbins

Jay,

I believe Brigit and I ended up emailing rather than posting here. If you’re using version 1.1.0 or higher which uses widgets to make up the home page, then it’s pretty simple to do.

Just add another menu widget and that will give you an additional ten spots for menu groups. You can add it to the same widget area as the first one, or in a separate one.

That was one of the main reason why we switched to using widgets for the home page.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

jay yerxa
    Participant

I am using 1.0.7

When I add a new menu section it simply populates it with the already existing menu items…I really need to be able to add roughly ten more menu categories.

Bill Robbins

Jay,

With version 1.0.7 there are a couple of options. The easiest would be to update to the current version. You can download it from the Downloads section here. It changes the home page so that each of the blocks are made with widgets instead of the theme options page. That way you can have unlimited menu groups or any other section that you’d like to. It also adds in automatic updates and Google fonts.

If you don’t want to update, that’s ok too. There is a “shortcode” that’s built into the theme that lets you display a menu group on any page or post. To use it, create a page and paste this where you’d like to have a list:

[menu group="burgers"]

Just replace ‘burgers’ with the slug of the menu group you want to show. You can find the slug by going to the Food section in your WordPress site and selecting Menu Groups.

The way we can use that on the front page is to create a page for all of your additional menu groups. You can include as many as you need to with the shortcode.

Then go to the theme options page and find the section where you’d like to include these menu groups. For the content type there, choose a page and select the page you created. That will cause the menu groups to be displayed since you added them to the content of that page.

These will be full-width by default. If you’d like to have them in two columns, you’ll need to use a columns plugin like Columns to wrap the menu shortcodes in.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘More than 10 menu groups’ is closed to new replies.