More about Read More!

Support Area Forums Moonrise More about Read More!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.mezzalunacafe.com
  • Author
    Ron Marshall
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Recently you instructed me regarding how to remove the ‘read more…’ from below each staff photo. Is it possible to instead, have each staff members email address appear there instead of ‘read more…’?

Bill Robbins

Good Afternoon Ron,

We should be able to do that with a small edit. Here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose staff-group-item.php and find this line:

<?php the_content_limit(400, "Read More"); ?>

3. Right below that add this:

<?php if ( get_post_meta($post->ID, "email", $single = true) != "" ) { ?>
      	<span class="email"><a href="mailto:<?php echo get_post_meta($post->ID, "email", TRUE); ?>"> <?php _e('Email', 'organizedthemes'); ?> </a></span>
      <?php } ?>

and save your changes.

That should add in the email address for that staff member. Let me know if it gives you any trouble.

Take care,
    Bill

Ron Marshall
    Participant

Fantastic! I will give this a try and let you know how it goes.

thanks!

Ron Marshall
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’ve been avoiding this a bit, cause I’m not a php programmer, I’m not sure exactly where to substitute the actual email address…everywhere it says ’email’ or in just some places?

Bill Robbins

Hey Ron,

Gotcha. What the instructions above do is pull in the email address that’s been entered in for the staff member already. When you’re editing a staff member there is a field for an email address. If you’ll enter the address there, then the code snippet will display it on the front of your site.

You don’t have to alter the code above, just add the snippet into that location. Then as long as an email address is entered in for the staff member, WordPress will display it for you.

Let me know if you run into any trouble there,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘More about Read More!’ is closed to new replies.