Moonrise upddate

Support Area Forums Moonrise Moonrise upddate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Giorgio Gelmini
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I see there’s the new version of this theme. Can I keep on using the “old” one? Or is it better if I update it? Another question: sooner or later will I have to update the theme or can I keep on using the actual version without problems still for a long long long time? ;-P
    I ask you this because last time I updated the theme I had to work to restore the appearance of the site since some settings were lost.

Best regards, Giorgio

Bill Robbins

Giorgio,

What you can do is download the current version of the theme from the download section. If you unzip the theme zip file it will have a file in that folder called changelog.txt that lets you know what has changed since the last update.

You don’t have to update, and I can’t predict any future changes to WordPress that will lead to an incompatibility with the theme. You may be fine for some time, or WordPress 4.2 could have some small change that requires an update for the theme to work. There’s just no way to know until close to the release of a new WP version.

I do suggest using a child theme to make updating the theme easier. It’s not perfect, but it can be a big help.

Take care,
    Bill

Giorgio Gelmini
    Participant

Bill, thanks for your answer and help (as usual) ! 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Moonrise upddate’ is closed to new replies.