Moonrise update

Support Area Forums Moonrise Moonrise update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://trileniummedia.com
  • Author
    Maria Oliver
    Participant

Good morning Bill!

I just logged in the wordpress dashboard and WP prompted me to upgrade to the latest version of Moonrise.
    I’ve been trying from the dashboard but, for some unknown reason, WP cannot complete the update (and all the content of my site has dissapeared..)
    Is there any other way to complete the update? I have already downloaded the zip file.

Thanks!

María

Bill Robbins

Hello Maria,

Well that’s not good. You can still update. There are two main ways:

1. FTP: If you have FTP access to your server you can update it manually. Unzip the moonrise.zip file you downloaded from here. Then open up your FTP program and browse to the wp-content/themes/ folder on your server. Upload the moonrise folder there. That will cause it to overwrite the existing folder and update the theme. Once upon a time this was the only way to install or update a WordPress theme.
    2. WP Dashboard: You can update via the dashboard. First you’ll need to go to the Appearance section and click on themes. Activate one of the default themes (they all start with Twenty). Then delete the current copy of Moonrise. From there you should be able to install the theme again like you would a new theme.

If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Maria Oliver
    Participant

Ok, I think I did it… (via FTP); the site is back up again 🙂

Thank you!

María

Bill Robbins

Splendid 🙂

Take care Maria and enjoy your weekend!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Moonrise update’ is closed to new replies.