Moonrise Header/Nav background

Support Area Forums Moonrise Moonrise Header/Nav background

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Kate Spence
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Loving the theme, but there’s one little thing which would make it perfect!
    I have an image at the top/beginning of my home page (exactly as you have in your demo) and would love it if the background of the Navigation was transparent so that you could see the top of the image underneath. Is this possible?
    Not sure if it makes any difference, but I have the Header set to ‘Scroll’
    WIP – http://www.waihekemade.co.nz/fenice

One other thing … Despite changing the ‘Navigation text color’ in the Styling options to white, it stubbornly remains black. Any ideas?

Many thanks
    Kate

Bill Robbins

Kate,

Thank you for your business first of all. Let’s see if we can tweak these items so it’ll work like you’d like it to. To change the header, go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#header {
    	width: 100%;
    }

.home #header {
    	background: transparent;
    	position: absolute;
    }

and update your styling. That should let your header overlap the image on your front page.

The navigation color looks like a bug. You can either update the theme itself by going to the updates section in your WordPress dashboard, or by editing the theme. I would suggest updating the theme. I just pushed out the update a couple of minutes ago so it should be visible now. If it’s not then it will be soon. If you’d like to make the change yourself you can. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose options.php and scroll down quite a ways (line 695) until you see this:

$options['navigation_text'] = array( "name" => __( 'Navigation Text Color', 'organizedthemes' ),
      						"desc" => __( 'Sets the text color for navigation links.', 'organizedthemes' ),
      						"id" => "navigation",
      						"std" => "",
      						"type" => "color");

3. Replace that with this:

$options['navigation_text'] = array( "name" => __( 'Navigation Text Color', 'organizedthemes' ),
      						"desc" => __( 'Sets the text color for navigation links.', 'organizedthemes' ),
      						"id" => "navigation_text",
      						"std" => "",
      						"type" => "color");

4. Save your changes.

That should fix it for you.

If I can help with anything, let me know.

Thanks and enjoy your week,
    Bill

Bart Murray
    Participant

We are running into a slight problem with the header overlapping the titles of blog pages. We have decreased the height of the logo as small as possible but the problem remains. What would be the best way to prevent this?

Bill Robbins

Bart,

Any chance you could send over a link to your site so I can take a look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

Bart Murray
    Participant

We went to theme option styling, set the fixed header to scroll. that helped.. here is our temporary test page http://goo.gl/CJiE7

Bill Robbins

Bart,

I’ll add an option to allow for users to customize the amount of space at the top of the inside pages in the next update. Until then, you can do this:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:
      body.fixed .wrap {
      	margin-top: 140px;
      }

4. Save your changes.
    5. Go to an inside page on your site and refresh your browser. See if that gave you enough room. If it didn’t, change the 140 in the snippet above to a larger number.
    6. Repeat if necessary.

If you run into any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Bart Murray
    Participant

Thanks so much, works great!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Moonrise Header/Nav background’ is closed to new replies.