Mobile Version

Support Area Forums Kerygma Mobile Version

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    joseph lynch
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’ve added in extra container divs to pages for content use rather than using the page content widget however on a mobile version they do not stay within the #wrap. So two questions really, 1 is there a way in the css to make that happen and if not 2 will kerygma be compatible with a ‘mobile site plugin’ ie wp touch?

Many thanks

(Apologies if the css question is basic knowledge)

Bill Robbins

Hello Joseph,

Great question there. On the new div’s that you’ve added, do you have a width set on any of them? If you do then that’s likely what’s causing the trouble.

What you could do is set your width inside a media query so that it only applies to larger screen sizes, while smaller ones would not be larger than 100%.

That could look like this:

@media (min-width: 1024px) {
      div {
        width: 700px;
      }
    }

If you have trouble, let me know and also send over the URL to your site so I can make sure to get you the right help.

Thanks,
    Bill

joseph lynch
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply, that seemed to work OK for the home page but not so much for the others, this is most likely down to my messy styling so i’ll keep playing around with it.
    If you fancy a look url is below, would appreciate any thoughts you might have.

http://www.babeltheatre.co.uk

Thanks again

Joseph

Bill Robbins

Hey Joseph,

I did a quick peek at the site. I did notice that the media queries seem to be missing the closing }

Take this one:

.homeContent {
        width: 80%;

}

You’ll want to change it to be like this:

.homeContent {
        width: 80%;
      }
    }

That way the browser will know which styles to include in that query and which ones to leave out. I think if you add those in for each query, it’ll help as you straighten out the styles.

Let me know how that goes and I can help,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile Version’ is closed to new replies.