Mobile Navigation Menu after 2.2 update

Support Area Forums Elite Mobile Navigation Menu after 2.2 update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: lostcottageart.com
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Bill,

After updating to Elite 2.2 I noticed on my clients mobile view (767px) that the hover link color doesn’t show. Back in January I had an issue with the text showing at all, but you helped me fix that. I don’t believe the hover link color was a problem then. The CSS code below is what you gave me to fix the initial problem.

/* Changes link Hover on Devices */
    @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
    nav#top-menu ul li:hover ul a,
    nav#top-menu ul li:hover ul a:visited,
    nav#top-menu ul ul li.current-menu-item a,
    nav#top-menu ul ul li.current-menu-item a:visited,
    .slicknav_nav a,
    .slicknav_nav a:visited  { 
              color: #ffffff !important; 
            }
    }

What can I add to fix the current hover link/visited issue?

Thanks,
    Matt

Bill Robbins

Hey Matt,

That style sets the default state of your menu items. For a link, a:hover is the state that sets what it looks like.

It would more likely be something like this:

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
    #header .slicknav_nav a:hover  { 
              color: black !important; 
            }
    }

You might consider not adding that though. Mobile devices are touch not mouse driven. The practical effector some of them is when there is a hover state a tap changes to the hover state instead of initiating the action the user wants. They then have to tap a second time to activate the link.

Matt
    Participant

Oh. ok, I understand. Off topic. For some reason I’m not getting notified when you respond to my emails even though I click the check box. Have others been having issues? I can’t see where it’s going to junk/spam. I just happened to remember I sent you a question.

Hope you had a good Memorial Day weekend.

Take care,
    Matt

Bill Robbins

Matt,

I haven’t run into anyone mentioning they haven’t been receiving notifications in quite a few months. Some of them are definitely receiving them because they reply to me quite quickly after I post a response.

I use Mandrill from MailChimp to handle our emails in the forum. I’ll keep an eye on them.

Take care,
    Bill

Matt
    Participant

Yeah, I used to get notices from you and I would respond immediately. Now I don’t. I only know to check for your response if I remember. Just like this one. I wasn’t notified. And you can see I have the boxed checked.

Bill Robbins

You’ve got me there. If your email address is correct in your account, then maybe the mail host just doesn’t like me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile Navigation Menu after 2.2 update’ is closed to new replies.