Mobile Menu Drop Down

Support Area Forums Foundation Mobile Menu Drop Down

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.cedarparklibraryfoundation.com/
  • Author
    Scott McIntosh
    Participant

Hello,

First I want to tell you how amozing this theme is. We searched for months to find the perfect one. We found yours right in the begining and could not find anything that compaired to it. I am by no means a professional but our foundation could not afford a professional webdesigner so I’m trying to do this through trial and error. Can you help me with a few things Please.

1. My Main Navigation Menu’s Dropdown Submenus on Ipad, Mobile device are not working properly. When using a touch screen device like an IPAD when you touch “Info” or any other dropdown menu item the dropdown appears but it does not allow anyone to touch any of the drop down items. It only allows you to navigate to the Manin Menu Parent Heading?

I saw your forum post for the jQuery roll back for version 3.5.1. I tried that first and it had no effect. I am running WordPress version 3.8.1.

2. Sponsors page. It there anyway to get the logos to align at the bottom instead of the top so they look more uniform? Also is the a way to add more that one sponsor group to the sponsor page? I would like to display the different sponsorship levels and the according sponsors. I don’t want to grouo our $5,000 sponsors with our $250 sponsors.

3. Press Page. This is our “blog” page. Is there a way to use the post format to include the feature image in the “blog” post instead of a large image above the post? I would like them to look post like the “foundation” demo site.

4. Home Page Sponsor widget. Is there a way to add motion/courasel feature to the sposor widget?

Thank you for everything

Bill Robbins

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your business first of all. I really do appreciate it. Let’s see if we can find answers for you:

Navigation

One option would be to change the navigation on all screens that are 1024px or narrower to use the same system that the smaller than table screens do. Here’s how you can change that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {

#navigation {
      		height: auto;
      	}

#mobile-menu ul,
      	#nav-left ul.menu {
      		display: none;
      	}

#mobile-menu { 
      		display: block;
      	}

select.tinynav {
      		border: none;
      		float: left;
      		border-radius: 0;
      		-webkit-appearance: none;
      		-webkit-background-clip: padding-box;
      		padding: 10px 20px;
      		margin-top: 0;
      		margin-bottom: 0;
      		margin-left: 0;
      	}

}

3. Update your settings.

That will swap out the drop-downs for a select menu which is a bit easier for touch devices.

Sponsors Page

One way to keep the sponsors in neat rows as opposed to a Pinterest style layout, is to set a height for each item. To do that, add this snippet to your Custom CSS box we used earlier:

.sponsor {
    	min-height: 230px;
    }

You'll also want to use images that are the same height. With some logos, that will mean you need to add some empty space at the top and bottom of them. That way the sponsors names will be all on the same row too.

For adding multiple sponsor groups to the same page, there is a quick plugin you can download at https://support.organizedthemes.com/samples/foundation/sponsor-shortcodes.zip that will let you add a list of all the sponsors in a sponsor group via a shortcode. The way that works is you create a page. Don't use the sponsor template this time. Find the spot in your content where you'd like to display the first group. Then enter this:

[sponsor group="gold"]

where gold is the slug of the sponsor group you'd like to show. You can find that by going to sponsor groups in the sponsor section and looking in the top right. The slugs will be listed there.

You can use multiple instances of the shortcode on the same page. You can insert text and images above and below them to keep the groups separate too.

It's also possible to add sponsor groups directly to the navigation menu. That will create a "page" for each one (really a dynamic archive). That's another way to list them separately.

Press Featured Images

If I'm understanding what you're wanting to do here, you'd like to not display the featured image above the press releases. The easiest option would be just to not set a featured image. You could then insert the image into the content of the post like you would any ordinary image. That's how the press section is in the demo. If that's not what you're wanting to do, let me know and we'll go from there.

Sponsor Widget

It looks like on your Press page that you've found a widget that can auto rotate your sponsors. Most likely the best solution would be to add that to the home page. It's very likely we can style that into a full-width bar like the bundled widget is. If you'll add that widget to the home page and let me know, I'll send back instructions on how to change the styling.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile Menu Drop Down’ is closed to new replies.