Missing Widgets and Slider Images after switching to Full Width Media template

Support Area Forums Foundation Missing Widgets and Slider Images after switching to Full Width Media template

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mark Salmi
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    This topic is related to the post ‘Placing text underneath the home page slider but not full-width’. I installed the WP Editor and uploaded the .php file and modified the css, but when I switch the ‘Home’ template to ‘Full Width Media’, I lose my sidebar widgets and main slider images. Should I just recreate a Home page? I’m still learning the ins and outs of basic WordPress. Here’s the site: http://www.finnspin.me/ I don’t know how to create a demo site, so I put it on a live URL. I would rather it wasn’t live, but I’m not sure how to test it locally.

Thanks, Mark

Bill Robbins

Mark,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble too. The home page template is the one you’re looking for if you’d like to have your site set up like the demo. The full-page template is made to be like a basic inside page that instead of having a sidebar for widgets, it has an extra-wide content area. That can be useful for some types of content that need more room like calendars.

If you switch back to the “Home” page template you should be able to see your slideshow and widgets there.

You can run WordPress locally if you’d like to. It’s a great option while you’re developing your site. Here are some links to get you started with that:

Installing WordPress on a Mac
    Installing WordPress on Windows

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Enjoy your week,
    Bill

Mark Salmi
    Participant

Hi Bill,

My original intent was to have text under the slider image on the ‘Home’ template. Maybe I read the wrong solution. Is it possible to do that? Thank you for the links also!

Mark

Bill Robbins

Mark,

You can do that. There was actually a post about earlier today. You can make that happen with a text widget. Take a look at this post and see if that doesn’t help out.

Let me know if you run into any trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing Widgets and Slider Images after switching to Full Width Media template’ is closed to new replies.