Missing Hero Option

Support Area Forums Grassroots Missing Hero Option

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://54.165.31.164
  • Author
    Niten Jaiswal
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m in the process of setting up a site for a non-profit nursery school… my son is attending and I was asked to redo the website. 🙂 In any case I showed the management team a slew of themes and they all fell in love with Grassroots. I’ve installed grassroots on a new WP instance running at AWS but I can’t seem to enable the hero option for the home page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As a side note I’m using Oblaksoft’s Yappix AMI image with their WPcloud plugin, if that matters.

Thanks!
    Niten

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Niten,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great question too. First you’ll want to create a page for your home page. Look in the middle section down below the main content box and you’ll see a box the theme has added called Hero Area Options. At the top of this box is a drop-down menu where you can choose what type of hero to have. To turn on the hero section, choose either image or video. You can then fill in the appropriate options throughout that box.

Once you’ve done that, publish your page. You’ll then need to tell WordPress that’s what you’d like to have as your front page. To do that go to the Settings section in your dashboard and choose reading. At the top of that screen you can select to have a static page shown instead of your latest posts.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Niten Jaiswal
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    I figured it out. I followed instructions on the web to manually install the theme. That process didn’t take completely. I deleted it and then reinstalled the theme using the add them function in wordpress. That did the trick. The theme is working as expected.

Niten

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Niten,

I’m glad to hear you’re up and running now. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing Hero Option’ is closed to new replies.