Missing Background Slideshow after WordPress update

Support Area Forums Foxy Missing Background Slideshow after WordPress update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: www.chai-restaurant.com/wp
  • Author
    Hiroshi Kishiro
    Participant

Hello,

While I’m working on our website (www.chai-restaurants.com/wp) with Foxy, I updated WordPress to WordPress 3.8.1. (Sorry, but not sure about what was the previous version I was updating from).

After the WordPress update, the background gallery won’t show. I re-uploaded the images but still doesn’t work.

Please let me know if anyone can help us out.
    Other than that, this FOXY interface is so cool and nice;)

Thank you,

Hiroshi

Bill Robbins

Hello Hiroshi,

Sorry for the trouble there. It’s due to a javascript conflict between that version of the theme and WordPress 3.6+. There are a few different ways of handling it.

1. You can disable the built-in lightbox galleries from inside the theme options page. That should remove the conflict and bring back your backgrounds.

2. You can go to https://support.organizedthemes.com/wordpress-3-6/ and download the plugin there. Once you install and activate it, it should also fix the conflict.

3. The last option is to update the theme itself. To do that, download the theme from the right column of this support site. Unzip the foxy.zip file that you download and change the folder name to foxy-update and then zip it back up. You can then install it as a new theme on your site. The update has a fix for the javascript trouble and also includes improvements/fixes.

If I can help with anything, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Hiroshi Kishiro
    Participant

Bill,

Thank you so much for your SUPER-FAST reply. Let me try what you suggested.
    Let me get back to you if this works out.

Also I have one question, if I installed Next-Gen Gallery Plug-in, would it generate similar problem to Foxy?
    The reason I updated WordPress was to install this plug-in. If you know any about it, please share.

YOU ARE THE BEST,

Hiroshi

Bill Robbins

Hiroshi,

Very good question. I would not recommend using the plugin. It was made back before WordPress had support for image galleries built in. As WordPress has improved them significantly over the last year, for most folks, NextGen is no longer a necessary option.

If you want to try out WordPress’ native galleries, there’s a quick video at http://vimeo.com/60180941 that can show you how they work.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Hiroshi Kishiro
    Participant

Bill,

Wow I chosed 1) and it worked.
    Thanks!

Also, thank you for the link. I will check it out.

This might sound as a silly question, but If I chose 3) and update the theme, the appearance, contents & fonts will be kept safely?

If so, it sounds the ultimate solution for me.
    Will wait your opinion.

Thank you!

Hiroshi

Bill Robbins

Even better question. All of your pages, posts and menu items will still be there for you. Most likely your theme options will also not change, so that’s good too.

What wouldn’t still be there are any changes you made directly to the theme. Since you’re installing the theme like a new one, you won’t overwrite the exiting one. So you could always roll back to it, if for some reason you choose not to go with the update.

If I can help you out, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing Background Slideshow after WordPress update’ is closed to new replies.