Menu

Support Area Forums Moonrise Menu

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Evelyn Townsend
    Participant

Hi Bill,

The restaurant I am using Moonrise for needs two more categories on the menu. How can I add those?

you can see the sections here for example http://www.theqbbq.ca/brunch-menu.htm

Thank you,
    Evelyn

Bill Robbins

Evelyn,

Great question. Would it be more helpful to have two more categories in the home page menu section or two have a second home page menu section with more categories there?

Let me know and I’ll get you the details,
    Bill

Evelyn Townsend
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m not entirely sure I understand, but I think the second option sounds right 🙂

By the way, can I change the menu items from all caps to Upper Lower text?

Thanks!
    Evelyn

Bill Robbins

Evelyn,

I will cook up a second menu section for you. It’ll probably be later this afternoon before I have the code to you.

You can change the menu items to have normal capitalization. Just place this in the Custom CSS box at the bottom of the Styling tab of the theme options page:

.menu-title h4 {
    	text-transform: capitalize;
    }

Be back soon with the rest,
    Bill

Evelyn Townsend
    Participant

Bill,

Many thanks!!

The code worked – awesome once again.

Evelyn

Bill Robbins

Evelyn,

I went on and added two more sections to your menu for you. If you need any more, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Sarah Brightly
    Participant

Hi Bill!

I am setting up a website for a friends salon: http://www.shineonaustin.com

We want it to look exactly like the Moonrise demo. As in each section looks the same.

I am coming across some places that are confusing to me. I want to add the services to look like the menu on the example site. How do I do that?

I also need to have one of the pages have a place to go to online booking for hair appts. If I could get those two things done today that would be amazing!

Thank you so much!!

Sarah

Bill Robbins

Sarah,

It looks like you found the food section to use a salon services. That should work out fine. You can create more “menu groups” and add them to that section of your home page.

For the online booking, one option would be to create a “page” in WordPress and then select page for the section of the home page where you’d like it to go. Once you’ve selected to have a page for that section, you can then choose the specific WordPress page you created for your booking to be displayed in that spot.

Essentially that option allows you to place any content from a WordPress page onto the home page.

You can also create a navigation menu that links to the home page sections if you’d like to. In the navigation builder (Appearance > Menu), you’ll want to go to the “Custom Link” box in the left hand column. In the URL, you’ll want to enter something like this:

#one

That will link to the first section of the home page. To link to any section, just use the # and after it the number of that section (#two, #three, #four and so on).

You can then enter the name you’d like to have in your navigation menu in the label field and then add it to your menu. That’s a way to set that up.

If I can help, just let me know,
    Bill

Sarah Brightly
    Participant

Thank you Bill!! The support here is amazing!

Sarah

Sarah Brightly
    Participant

Hi Bill!

Is there a link to the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram widgets?

Thanks!

Sarah

Bill Robbins

Sarah,

There are widgets for Twitter and Facebook included with the theme, but I don’t have one for Instagram built in. For an Instagram widget, you might try the Instagram for WordPress plugin. I personally haven’t given it a shot, but it looks like it should work well.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Joe Gonzalez
    Participant

Hello Bill,
    Enjoying working with Moonrise and I had a question regarding the Menu/Food. For our layout I think we may want to put the menu on a different page other than the Home page. I like that you had a toolset to build menu items (food groups, food, etc). I’m wondering if there would be a way to use the functionality and add that to it’s own page. So that when clicking the “Our Menu” button that I created it will bring us to a separate page that has the look/feel you built but populating it with all of the data that I populate in the “Food” section on the back end.

Hope this makes sense! Thanks.

In progress site: http://www.nycbch.com

Bill Robbins

Joe,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great question. You can add your menu groups to an inside page if you’d like to. There are two different ways you can go about that.

Add Menu Groups To The Navigation

The first option is to add your menu groups directly to the navigation. That will create a “page” for that menu group. To do that, go to the Appearance section and select Menu. Look in the left hand column for your menu groups. If you don’t see them, click “Screen Options” in the top right corner and make sure the box next to “Menu Groups” is checked. You should then see them on the left.

You can add them to the navigation like you would any page. When your visitors click on them, they’ll be taken to a page that shows all the items in that group.

Use a Shortcode to Display Menu Groups On a Page/Post

The other option is to use what WordPress calls a “shortcode” to display your menu items on any page or post. To do that, first go to Food in your WordPress control panel and select “Menu Groups.” You’ll see a list of the menu groups you’ve created. In that list, there is a “slug” listed for each group. Copy the slug of the group you’d like to display.

Next go to the page or post where you’d like to show the group. Find the spot where you’d like to have the list and place this there:

[menu group="slug"]

Just replace slug with the slug of the menu group you’re using. That will cause the list to be displayed at that point. It won’t appear on the backend of your site, but will be visible on the front.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks again for your business,
    Bill

Joe Gonzalez
    Participant

Hey Bill,
    Thanks for the quick reply. The “slug” route was the perfect solution. I’ll let you know if anything else comes up, thanks again for the help.

Bill Robbins

That’s great to hear Joe. Let me know if you need anything else.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu’ is closed to new replies.