Menu Text Color

Support Area Forums Selfie Menu Text Color

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: www.factorfotog.com
  • Author
    Angela Smith
    Participant

If this is somewhere obvious and I am grossly overlooking it, please forgive me! But I’ve spent two days looking for instructions on how to change the text color in the Selfie theme (which I LOVE, btw!) and cannot locate it. The white text is fine, but I need to change the teal color to a different color. Please let me know how to do this.

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Hello Angela,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. There are a couple of spots where you can change the text color.

For the home blocks, when you’re editing or creating a home block, look in the right hand column and you’ll see a box labeled Colors. In it you can change the colors of that home block including the text and link colors.

For your posts or inside pages, you can change them all from inside the theme customizer. Go to the Appearance section and select Customize. On the left will be the options you can adjust. Open up the Main Content area and you can adjust the text color there.

It’s also possible to change the colors on an individual post or page. Just edit that page/post and look in the right hand column. You’ll see a color box like the Home Blocks have. You can use that to adjust the colors of just that page/post.

I’ve attached a couple of screenshots to help show where these spots are.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Angela Smith
    Participant

Bill,

Yes, those were easily found and worked great. However, the setting I can’t find is for the sidebar menu which by default is dark gray with white and teal text. I need to change the teal text to a different color. Is there a setting in this theme similar to the two you provide above that does this for the menu text in the sidebar? I’m trying not to edit code if at all possible. Please let me know.

Thank you,
    Angela

Bill Robbins

Hello Angela,

You can change those too. In the customizer, look in the widgets section and you should find the options there to change the colors. If you run into trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Angela Smith
    Participant

Aaah! There that is! Well now I’m making progress. And is there a similar secret hiding spot for changing the color of the search button in that widget? Thanks, Bill! 🙂

Bill Robbins

Always glad to help out. Also in the customizer there is a section for buttons. You can change the colors of your buttons there, both the normal and hover states. There’s also a spot for the social media icons if you’d like to adjust those too.

Take care,
    Bill

Angela Smith
    Participant

I had actually already tried that and it does not change the color of the “Search” button found in the sidebar under the menu. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

You are absolutely right. That looks like a bug we need to fix. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose custom-css.php
    3. Replace everything in the file with this:

Make sure to copy this code from the support site directly and not the notification email.

4. Save your changes.

I believe that should fix the color selection for the buttons. I’ll roll that into the next update. I just released version 1.2.1 this morning, so it’ll be the one after this that has that in there.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Angela Smith
    Participant

Worked like a charm! A+ customer service – I really appreciate it!

Bill Robbins

Yea! I happy that worked for you. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Have a great week Angela!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu Text Color’ is closed to new replies.