Menu Shortcode Trouble

Support Area Forums Foxy Menu Shortcode Trouble

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Terasa Reisman
    Participant

I have Foxy up and running, lovely theme by the way! So far it’s been pretty easy going until I tried to add the menu. I have added the menu groups and one item per group for testing purposes. Then I added a static page titled “The Grub” (for a gangster themed restaurant), dropped in a short Lorem Ipsum in place of a description, section titles, and added the shortcode [menu group=”slug”] as well as horizontal rules, and then popped the page into the menu as per your suggestion. The button is showing up, but I’m getting a “Not Found” error when it’s clicked. Check it out: http://theblindpiglr.com/the-grub/ (Please forgive the images…the photographer hasn’t visited the place yet!). Any suggestions? Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Teresa,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble too. About a week ago, we added an option that lets users change the URL’s for the food, staff and services section of the theme. A couple of days after the release, we found out that it caused trouble with new sites that were being set up with the theme. We made a change to the theme and the way the defaults are set so hopefully that won’t happen in the future to anyone else. Here’s how to fix that for you now.

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the General Options tab.
    2. Scroll down until you find the “Advanced” section.
    3. I’ve attached a screenshot to this post to show you how the default “slugs” there should look. Just enter those and then update your settings.
    4. Next go to the settings section and select Permalinks. Scroll down to the bottom and update your permalinks (you don’t have to change anything there). Wait for the page to refresh and then update them one last time.

That should let your missing page work. If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Thanks again and have a great week,
    Bill

Terasa Reisman
    Participant

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu Shortcode Trouble’ is closed to new replies.