Menu Missing

Support Area Forums Live Menu Missing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Steven Ross
    Participant

I have just changed the template at http://ayudantealnino.org/ to Live. However the menu has never shown.

Also, I plan to have the menu and icons below the logo, which will extend the width of the page. I think I can get the menu down (but since I can’t see it, I don’t know) but nothing I have tried has moved the RSS icon down (I have tried putting the icon top margin to 200px and using padding top: 200px). What am I missing?

Bill Robbins

Steven,

Just to make sure, have you gone to the Appearance section and selected Menu to set up your navigation? Once you’ve created a navigation menu you can then assign it to the primary menu location in the theme. That should cause it to be visible to your visitors. There is a quick video about how to do that here:

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

Ian Holtum
    Participant

I’ve just intalled Live 3.01 and WordPress 3.4.3. My menu shows up in other themes ( such as the theme Elements form video above), but not in live. I’m not even getting the home page with call to action bar.
    Thoughts?

Bill Robbins

Ian,

Thank you for your business first of all. It sounds like you need to set up your home page. There are instructions on the Live Theme Instructions Page in the “Creating Your Home Page” section that can walk you through adding it.

For your navigation menu, go to the Appearance section and select menu to create your navigation menu. The video above can walk you through creating it if you need help.

Once the menu is created, make sure to assign it to the location in the theme (it’s in the top left of the menu builder page) or it won’t be visible on the front of your site.

If you have questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Ian Holtum
    Participant

Thanks Bill for getting back to me. Really like the themes you have created. I’ve managed to get the menus to show up again, but I’m still missing he gallery/ video on the home page. Can you point me in the right direction to add this back in?
    thanks,
    Ian

Bill Robbins

Ian,

Here’s a quick video that shows how to add slides in the Progress theme (the method is the same across our themes).

The only thing the video doesn’t show is adding a video to the slider. To do that, you’ll want to paste the embed code from the video service you’re using like YouTube or Vimeo.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Enjoy your week,
    Bill

Ian Holtum
    Participant

Perfect. Thanks Bill!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu Missing’ is closed to new replies.