Menu Items clickable

Support Area Forums Bottega Menu Items clickable

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Keith Kephart
    Participant

Is there a way to make the menu items clickable? I don’t know why someone would need it but I was told to ask…. 😉 For example on this menu item (http://piccadillyusa.com/menu/soups-and-salads/) Chantilly Shrimp Salad I was able to make the description clickable but they want the Menu Item clickable. Thoughts?

Also, is there a way to categorize Menu Items so that I can highlight a menu item on the front page without creating a separate post for each one?

Thanks!
    Lori

Bill Robbins

Hello Lori,

Good questions. You can make the individual menu items “clickable” if you’d like to. It just takes a bit of editing.

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose menu-item.php
    3. Replace everything there with this:

(be sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email)

4. Save your changes.

That will covert the menu item titles to links. It’s an all or nothing proposition though, so this will affect each of them.

One way to have a list of food items that are featured is to create a new group and call it featured. It’s possible to add items to more than one group. You could keep the featured items in their current groups, but also add them to the featured one. That way the’ll be visible in both spots.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Keith Kephart
    Participant

Thank you! I will give it a shot tonight!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu Items clickable’ is closed to new replies.