Menu issue

Support Area Forums Foxy Menu issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mike Merrill
    Participant

Hi again Bill,

Loving the Foxy theme, but I have a user with an issue and was hoping you might provide some insight as to why this would happen. The site is pasqualinasrestaurant.com and this is what is happening, from their email:

“The links on the left jump around and the Pasqualina’s logo in the upper left is covering up the history & directions. Diane said she’s had several people tell her the same thing when they go to the website, and it also happened on her computer at work”

She is running Windows XP and IE 7 on the home machine, no clue about her work one.

Bill Tucker
    Participant

I recently noticed the same issue, I didn’t do anything to correct it as of yet but found it occurred when people were viewing the site with an older version of a web browser (Firefox 3.1.16)

The site menu/content area would start at the top of the page and the site title/logo would be on top of the menu.

Bill Robbins

Sorry Mike and Bill. This post slipped past my email and subsequent posts and emailed to me until I’m subscribed.

Here’s what you can do to fix this in IE 7.

1) Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor
    2) From the list of files on your right, choose header.php
    3) Look for this spot:

</head>

4) Paste this right above that:

5) Save your changes

That should take care of the menu spacing in IE 7 for you.

Let me know if you have any other trouble or questions.

Mike Merrill
    Participant

Thanks Bill. Applied the fix, waiting to hear back as to whether it worked or not. Is there a similar fix for IE 6? Why won’t IE 6 just go away? – Mike

Bill Robbins

Mike,

Unless you happen to be working on a site that will be widely used in China, I wouldn’t worry about IE 6. Its usage finally dropped below 1% in the US last year. Most of Europe and South America are also below 2%. You can actually keep track of the drop in usage on a Microsoft site called IE 6 Countdown.

If for some reason you have lots of users who are locked into using IE 6, you can try modifying the code above to see if that works for you. Here’s what you’d want it to look like:

I hope that helps and enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu issue’ is closed to new replies.