Menu in customized Footer

Support Area Forums Epic Menu in customized Footer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Participant

I am interested in using the Footer feature and inserting a navigable sitemap. Somewhat of a hyperlinked list of primary pages in the site.

How may I go about utilizing a WordPress type of Footer (specify color background) and insert the text and hyperlinks in this?

Thanks,
    KH

Bill Robbins

Kim,

Great question. We’ll have to edit the theme in order to make that list in the footer. WordPress will filter the links out of our “footer text” in the theme options page otherwise we could just use that. Here’s what you’ll want to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose footer.php and look for this (line 22):

<?php echo of_get_option('footer_text','') ?>

3. Right after that paste this:

4. You’ll need to edit the links there. Change the URL’s to go to the pages you’d like to use and then the Link 1, Link 2, Link 3 to the text you’d like to use as links. Add as many as you’d like to.
    5. Save your changes.

That should give you a set of links for your footer. Let me know if it gives you any trouble.

Participant

Thanks, Bill:

Gonna play with this.

I crossed my mind that a contrast color designating the footer would make the links stand out. I suppose there is a color setting I can drop in the Editor for the Footer?

Thx, KH

Bill Robbins

I don’t think I have a spot in the theme options page for a footer link color, but you could use this CSS snippet in the Custom CSS box to change it:

footer a,
    footer a:visited {
        color: #000000;
    }

footer a:hover {
        color: #cccccc;
    }

The top one will set the normal state for a link and the second one will set the hover color.

Let me know if you run into any trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu in customized Footer’ is closed to new replies.