Menu Hicup

Support Area Forums Epic Menu Hicup

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Vince Williams
    Participant

Hello,

If you goto http://www.newlifeconnect.com/Test, once there hover on ministries and then on Adult the sub menu jumps out to the side without any connection. In other words it looks like it is floating in the air. This happens on most of the sub menu’s is there something I can do to fix this?
    Thanks

Bill Robbins

Vince,

Thanks for sending over the link. I took a look and the drop downs seem to be in working order for me. They look the ones in the demo except for the actual menu items that is.

If you’re still having trouble, let me know what browser, operating system and version you’re seeing the trouble in.

Thanks,
    Bill

Vince Williams
    Participant

I sent the wrong link hee is the correct link, http://www.newlifeconnect.com/Test1
    check out the sub pages and the space between when you hoover over them.
    Sorry about that.
    Thanks
    Vince

Bill Robbins

Vince,

Add this to your Custom CSS box on the styling tab of your theme options page and see if it doesn’t bring the third level menu items back a bit:

header.primary ul.menu li ul li ul {
    	margin-left: -60px;
    }

Make sure you’ve selected “yes” at the top of that tab to include custom styling.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Vince Williams
    Participant

Bill, It didn’t change anything. And it is selected yes for custom styling.
    Thanks

Bill Robbins

That’s just bizarre. When I add it to the bottom of your style.css file, it works. But it doesn’t through the Custom CSS box. Let’s add it to the bottom of your style.css file. Here’s how:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css
    3. Scroll down to the very bottom and paste the snippet from above and save your changes.

If it still gives you trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Vince Williams
    Participant

Worked great! Thanks!
    On a completely different topic, do you know where or how I can make the comment count on a blog post not appear?

On some blog posts there are no comments and it shows a big 0 on that page. Is there some where I can just hide that count from showing? Thanks for all your help!

Bill Robbins

Vince,

You can hide that. Here’s how:

1. Go to the theme editor again and select comments.php from the list of files on your right.
    2. Look for this spot:

<h2 class="comments-title">
      			<?php
      				printf( _n( 'One Comment On “%2$s”', '%1$s Comments On “%2$s”', get_comments_number(), 'organizedthemes' ),
      					number_format_i18n( get_comments_number() ),   get_the_title()   );
      			?>
      		</h2>

3. Delete it and save your changes.

That will take out the reference to the number of posts inside your posts. If you want to take them out of the archive view, do this:

1. Edit archive.php and look for this spot:

<p class="post-footer"><a class="right" href="#comments"></a></p>

2. Delete that too and save your changes.

That will remove the comments from the list view too.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu Hicup’ is closed to new replies.