menu help

Support Area Forums Epic menu help

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author

Hi there. I just realized that my podcast widget only shows the latest one, which is fine. However, because of that, I would like to add the entire podcast list to the top menu.

I also have photo albums under the “about us” section.

I would like to move the photo albums to a “media” top heading and add a complete podcast list to that directory as well.

How would that be accomplished?

Oh, and I have a videos section that should be there, too. I only have one video at this time, but…still…

Oh, and I found this page…which is what I assume has to be part of the menu, but it doesn’t look right. The most recent podcast’s font is bigger…

Anyway, I’d like for all of them to look the same on this page.

http://www.uccofmarion.org/site/podcast/

Ok. I fiddled around and figured most of this out, except for the last bit about the page not being uniformly formatted.

Bill Robbins

Ann,

Essentially that’s what the podcast archive looks like before more podcast episodes are added to it. Here’s the page from the demo that has more episodes listed. The idea is the most recent podcast is featured at the top and the others are a bit smaller below.

That can be changed with a bit of editing. Let me know if you’d like to do that and I’ll send over instructions.

Bill

I think we are going to end up having the same featured image for all podcasts, so I think it looks better if they are all the same.

thanks.

Bill Robbins

If that’s the case, then you can just remove the images completely. Here’s how to do that.

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose archive-podcast.php
    3. Select everything on the page and delete it. Then replace it with this:

4. Save your changes.

That will remove the featured images completely from the archives. If you have any questions, let me know,
    Bill

That does look better, but I wouldn’t mind having one featured image for the main podcast page…

Bill Robbins

You could try this in the archive-podcast.php file instead to see if it’s a bit better for you:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘menu help’ is closed to new replies.