menu group deleted from drop down menu

Support Area Forums Moonrise menu group deleted from drop down menu

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://icofi.com.mx/wp/
  • Author
    Luis Segovia
    Participant

Bill, hello again, first of all, thank you so much for the great support you are always providing.

I ran into a problem, I have been learning by trial and error and I deleted the menu group Appetizers, and now I have a line without title show up on the home page. How can I create a new menu group item that can show up on the drop down menu?. I know that I can create a new page and place it as a subelement to the Menu, but how can that new page be change to a menu group? I hope I made this question clear enough.

By the way is there information on the general structure of the moonrise theme, I’m having trouble understanding it, but I have to say that is my first time with WordPress 😉
    thank you

Bill Robbins

Hello Luis,

Great questions. There are two ways to create a new menu group. The first one is to go to the Food section in your WordPress control panel and select Menu Groups. You can create a new menu group right from that screen. You can also edit an existing menu group from this screen as well by clicking on its name.

The other option is to edit a food item you’d like to have in a new menu group. Look on the right hand side and you’ll see a box for menu groups. You can check next to an existing group to add the item to any existing groups. You can also create a new group using the blank at the bottom of that section.

The home page in the theme is made up of widgets. You can edit those by going to the Appearance section and selecting widgets. The home page is broken up into several widget areas too. You’ll see those listed on the right.

The menu that’s on the home page is a widget. You’ll need to edit it. You’ll see the options to include the various menu groups there. Only menu groups that have published food items assigned to them will be visible.

You can also find the theme instructions for Moonrise at https://support.organizedthemes.com/moonrise/

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to ask.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘menu group deleted from drop down menu’ is closed to new replies.