Menu Button Color

Support Area Forums Foxy Menu Button Color

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Derek Cassadine
    Participant

I’m trying to change the red on the menu buttons to match the red in the logo but I’m not sure where to input the color code. Please help.

http://www.royal-razor.com

Derek Cassadine
    Participant

Also, I’m trying to make my logo bigger. I made the dimensions of the logo bigger in Photoshop but when I upload it to my website, the size does not increase.

Bill Robbins

Here’s how to change the navigation hover/current page color.

1. Go to the theme options page and select the styling tab.
    2. At the top of the styling tab, select “yes” to include custom styling.
    3. Scroll down until you see a color box for “Navigation Background Hover Color.”
    4. Enter or select the color you’d like to use. If you’re entering a hex color, don’t forget to include the # before the color so it looks like #ffffff.
    5. Save your changes.

That should change the color of the current menu item as well as the color when hovering over a menu item.

After you upload an image, make sure you have the size you’d like to use selected when you click the “use this image” button. WordPress automatically generated several sized images every time a new picture is uploaded. It’s possible to use one of those or you can click the “full size” to use the same size as the one you uploaded.

If you have any trouble, just let me know.

Derek Cassadine
    Participant

Thank you for helping with the color problem…I forgot the “#”.

However, I have been selecting the “full size” and the logo doesn’t get any bigger. I changed the size several times and right now the dimensions are 3049 x 1701. I made the logo that big to see if the logo would change but it hasn’t.

Bill Robbins

Derek,

You are absolutely correct. Foxy is made differently from most of my themes in how the logo is set. Here’s what you can do to change it.

1. Go to the theme options page and select they styling tab.
    2. Select “yes” at the top to include custom styling.
    3. Scroll down to the very bottom until you see the box for “Custom CSS”
    4. Paste this into the box:

header {
      	margin-bottom: 172px !important;
      }

#logo {
      	width: 300px;
      	height: 95px;
      }

5. You’ll want to adjust this to fit your logo correctly. Where it says header, the margin bottom actually sets the height of the header area. Change the 172 to the number of pixels you need to make it fit properly. For the logo, set the height and width to fit the desired logo size.
    6. Save your changes.

That should at last get you the desired logo size. Let em know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Derek Cassadine
    Participant

Bill,

That worked perfectly! Thank you for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu Button Color’ is closed to new replies.