Mega Menu Location Continued

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Mega Menu Location Continued

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
URL to the page in question: http://http://
  • Author
    Steven Bill
    Participant

Hi Bill – I’ve been out for a week or so. Just had our 3rd child!

If you’ll look at the Mega Menu Location thread, you’ll be able to pick up where we left off. I have done as you said and replaced the existing <?php wp_nav_menu( array( ‘theme_location’ => ‘primary’, ‘container’ => ‘nav’ ) ); ?> with <?php ubermenu( ‘main’ , array( ‘theme_location’ => ‘primary’ ) ); ?> but to no avail.

Also, I went into the UberMenu options under Appearance and clicked on Direct Injection Testing to see what the menu should look like. So it’s appended at the top now but it does show that the menu can be customized. However, what I have in the actual menu location is not being customized – so I know it’s still not working.

If you are able and willing, could you sign in and see what I may have messed up on?

Please advise,

Steve

Bill Robbins

Hey Steve,

Congratulations on the third child. We had three boys in three years, three months, and three days. Lots and lots of fun 🙂

If the Uber menu folks are asking you to replace the navigation menu call in the theme with their own function, that should be the code to replace.

It seems like you’re using a child theme. Are you placing this in it or the parent?

Bill

Steven Bill
    Participant

Hi Bill! 3 kids in 3 yrs. wow. That is ambitious. Good on you!

I believe I’m placing it in the child theme. Which is what supposed to do yes? I copied the include folder into child theme and just edited the menu.php file. Is that not ok?

Bill Robbins

It took years to finally have our first child. We never dreamed it would happen again so quickly. They are 9, 7 and 5 now and it’s been a blast. One of the best parts of my business is that I get to be with them a lot because of working from home.

That does sound like the correct place. If you want to post a private reply with your URL and login information I can take a look for you and see if I spot anything.

Steven Bill
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Steven,

I verified that the menu is being output in the child theme vs the parent. That’s where it’s loading so you’re good there.

I also disabled the styles for the theme’s navigation menu in the parent theme so they wouldn’t conflict with anything that Uber is doing.

Uber has a mountain of settings doesn’t it?

Bill

Steven Bill
    Participant

Yeah they seem to – but it’s strange b/cu I can get the menu to show up at the top of the page in that Injection Testing thing, just not in the theme itself. I’m definitely open to suggestions here.

Thanks,
    Steve

Bill Robbins

I think I must be missing something here. When I look at your site, I see the uber menu twice, once at the top and once win the navigation bar.

Steven Bill
    Participant

That’s right. If you look under the ubermenu settings, you can enable that Injection Testing thing and it basically places the menu at the top of your page – showing you what it would look like if the theme didn’t interfere. So by having it enabled, I know it isn’t working properly in the theme itself.

Bill Robbins

I turned off the injection and that left just the menu where I’d expect it to be. I’ve attached two screenshots, one with injection on, and one with it off. Are you expecting something different?

Steven Bill
    Participant

Yeah that’s not the issue – I was intentionally putting that top menu up there to see the difference. On mine, it showed it as being formatted. A mouse over the FB icon turned it blue, green with Twitter mouse over, the submenu was white, etc. Whereas the same menu in the template didn’t format properly at all. However, I see now that the menu in the template does seem to be correct. I’ll have to fool around with the formatting to see if it “sticks” and I’ll let you know.

So you didn’t do anything else except remove the Injection one?

Bill Robbins

I did remove the theme’s styling for the menu too so that should help take care of any conflicts.

Bill

Steven Bill
    Participant

Hi Bill – I see it sort of works. But for instance the mouse over on the FB is still green. Know why that might be?

Bill Robbins

I think the background is coming from the color that’s set for the navigation menu in the custom styling of the theme. Try adding this to the Custom CSS or at the bottom of your child theme’s style.css file and see if it will override that color for you:

body #nav-bar li a:hover {
    		background: none;
    	}

i.ubermenu-icon.fa-facebook-square,
    i.ubermenu-icon.fa-twitter-square {
    	position: relative;
    	top: 10px;
    }

Let me know how that turns out.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Mega Menu Location Continued’ is closed to new replies.