media uploader not working

Support Area Forums Epic media uploader not working

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
URL to the page in question: http://timlarson2014.org
  • Author
    Tim Appleton
    Participant

I keep getting http error files when I try to use the media uploader. Any advice? Thanks.

Tim Appleton
    Participant

So I seem to have that working kinda, but the slide tab doesn’t look right, with the fields extending across the page. Please help. thank you.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Tim,

With the inputs for the slides extending well beyond their container, it would appear to me that there is likely a conflict taking place in your WordPress admin section. The first thing to try in troubleshooting is to disable all plugins. I would then flush out the browser’s cache and then see if the fields go back inside their containers.

If the do, then turn the plugins on, one by one until they change. That will let you know the source of the conflict.

Let me know what you turn up and if you need any help,
    Bill

Tim Appleton
    Participant

Boy, I have really made a hash of this one. I can’t seem to get the home page slider working and the http error keeps coming up when I try to upload any media. Further, the button that allows an insertion of “Contact Us” fields isn’t showing up.

Your help and guidance on this one would be great. Thanks.

Bill Robbins

This is what I would try next if you didn’t get to the bottom of anything with the plugins. Go to the updates section in your dashboard. At the top of that screen is a spot where you can reinstall the current version of WordPress. I would try that. Sometimes reinstalling those files can fix a multitude of things that just aren’t right like this.

If that doesn’t do the trick, I’ll probably need to take a look at the back end directly to see what’s up.

Thanks,
    Bill

Tim Appleton
    Participant

attached is all I see when I go to update. I don;t see a reinstall wordpress button or link…

Bill Robbins

You may need to do it manually then via FTP. It should look like the attached screenshot.

To make the update via FTP, download the current version from WordPress.org. Unzip the archive and delete the wp-content folder. Then use a FTP program to open up the files on your server. Upload the files and folders from the archive you unzipped to your WordPress site.

Tim Appleton
    Participant

Yep. the reinstall worked it out. I can’t seem to figure out how to make widgets appear in the “Home Top” element of the home page. Is there a setting that activates it that I am missing? Also, I’d like to change the size of the text in the navigation bar. Isn’t the “Navigation Item Font” the way to do that? I have changed it there without any success. Thank you for all of your help!

Bill Robbins

Good. Glad that worked.

Did you set up your home page? Once that’s set you’ll be able to use the Home Top and Home Bottom widget areas?

That is the correct way to change the font size of the navigation menu items. If I could take a look at the site, I could help you determine what’s not working there for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

Tim Appleton
    Participant

just set you up as an admin. You will see I have a widget in home top and can’t seem to enlarge the nav bar items. I am sure it is something I am overlooking, and really appreciate your help.

Bill Robbins

Thanks Tim. It looks like the home page top is set to use the full width option. The Home Top sidebar is only visible when the Sidebar option is selected for the home top. With the full width slider, only the Home Bottom widget area is used.

It does look like the navigation menu items weren’t changing for you. I added this to the Custom CSS and that seems to have done the trick.

header.primary .menu li a,
    header.primary .menu li a:visited {
    	font-size: inherit;
    }

If you run into any other questions, let me know.

Bill

Tim Appleton
    Participant

I can’t figure out how to get this page to extend from right to left across the entire page.

http://timlarson2014.org/policy/

Can you please help me out? Thank you!

Bill Robbins

Hey Tim,

It looks like the table in that page has a width set in it. Here’s the opening code for the table:

<table style="height: 31px;" width="463">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2" width="443">

That’s why it’s not filling the entire width of the page.

Take care,
    Bill

Tim Appleton
    Participant

Cool. Thanks. What would the code/pixel size be to make it wider? Would it be…

Thanks!

Tim Appleton
    Participant

here is an example… would this be right if I had the pixel width dimension?

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

If you have to use a table, I would leave out the dimensions and just set the width to be 100% like this:

That way it won’t overflow on smaller screen sizes.

Bill

Tim Appleton
    Participant

yep. That did it. I got the new theme grassroots today. I am looking forward to trying that out, and always appreciate your help.

Bill Robbins

Thanks a lot Tim. I do appreciate your continued business.

Bill

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘media uploader not working’ is closed to new replies.