Manage Gallery – 'Order images by' can't be changed

Support Area Forums Photobug Manage Gallery – 'Order images by' can't be changed

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Michael Friedlander
    Participant

In a post
    1. click on “Manage Gallery” under “Gallery Images”
    2. change “Order images by” from “Menu order” to anything else
    3. nothing changes on the gallery display

I see that ‘order’ => ‘ASC’, ‘orderby’ => ‘menu_order’ is hard-coded into all the gallery php files.

Is it possible to change the display order of the gallery with the “Manage Gallery” options, or do I have to change the code if I want RANDOM display order?

Bill Robbins

Michael,

Great question. You can change the ‘menu_order’ in those files to ‘rand’ and that will make the order random.

If you need any help, let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Michael Friedlander
    Participant

So then Bill, I have to ask: What’s the purpose of the ‘Manage Gallery’ settings if they don’t do anything? I haven’t been able to change the number of columns either.

Bill Robbins

Michael,

Great question. It’s essentially two different functions. The order and selecting of images to include in a gallery still works if you insert the gallery that you just created into a post or page. The options to set columns, choose images and order are tied to a specific gallery that you then insert into your content. The choices don’t extend to any other galleries added to that page/post or ones that are built into the theme (like in Photobug).

With the new media section in WordPress 3.5, we may finally have a simple means to select the images to include as well as their order. I’ve been experimenting with that hope to be able to built that into a future update of the theme.

If you have any questions, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Manage Gallery – 'Order images by' can't be changed’ is closed to new replies.