Make it so item in menu does not navigate anywhere

Support Area Forums Umami Make it so item in menu does not navigate anywhere

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    roman roz
    Participant

Let’s say I have a menu like this:

————-
    STAFF
    MENU->
    -DINNER
    -LUNCH

When the user clicks on the little arrow to the right of “Menu” it opens up the two sub-menus “Dinner” and “Lunch.” However, “Menu” is also itself a link and as thus, navigates to that page.

Is there a way to make it so that clicking on “Menu” has the same action as clicking on the little arrow to the right of “Menu”? That is, dropping down the sub-menu items.

Bill Robbins

Hello Roman,

You can create a placeholder in your navigation menu. There’s a quick post at http://www.organizedthemes.com/create-placeholder-wordpress-navigation/ that can walk you through how to do that.

Let me know if you run into trouble,
    Bill

roman roz
    Participant

Thanks Bill,

That works except you still have to click on the little arrow to expand the sub-menu. Anyway to make it so clicking on the link text expands the sub-menu?

Bill Robbins

Roman,

I believe that’s an option with the menu script I’m using there. You’re welcome to try. Here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose custom-js.php.
    3. The spot you’ll need to edit is in there twice, lines 34 & 40:

allowParentLinks: true

Change the true to false there and save your changes.

See if that doesn’t switch those items from being clickable to simply opening the sub-menu for you.

Bill

roman roz
    Participant

I tried that and it didn’t work…

Bill Robbins

Sounds like it’s not an option then.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Make it so item in menu does not navigate anywhere’ is closed to new replies.