"Make A Comment" link is shown in "post meta" even if comments are disabled

Support Area Forums Agency "Make A Comment" link is shown in "post meta" even if comments are disabled

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    David Miller
    Participant

If you disable comments on a post, the post-meta shown on the archive/news pages still includes a “Make A Comment” link, which links to a non-existent “#comments” anchor on the post page.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning David,

Sorry for the trouble with the comments link. It’s set to hide the link to the comments block when comments are closed and there are no comments there yet. If a comment was made before they were closed, then it should still show the link.

If it’s still showing the link and there are no comments, would it be possible for you to send over the URL to your post so I can take a closer look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

David Miller
    Participant

OK, apparently the update check isn’t working. It claims I’m up-to-date, but I appear to have version 2.0.12 and the current version is 2.1.1. The current version indeed has this code, the one I’m running didn’t. So I shall upgrade. 🙂

Bill Robbins

David,

Sorry about that. We added in automatic updates in version 2.1 so upgrading from an earlier version will require a manual update.

If you run into any trouble there, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘"Make A Comment" link is shown in "post meta" even if comments are disabled’ is closed to new replies.