Main Slide show not displaying

Support Area Forums Bottega Main Slide show not displaying

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Meghan Carpenter
    Participant

The main slide show is not displaying and then the lower five images are not clickable. I had them working fine, but a few days ago I updated WordPress to the most recent version, and it seems like it hasn’t been working since then. I just noticed it, so I’m really not sure. I tried updating to the 2.0.0 version of Bottega, but still no luck.

The website is: http://www.centerpointchurch.cc/

Meghan Carpenter
    Participant

Nevermind, user error. Forgot I had installed a plugin and that was causing the problem.

Bill Robbins

Meghan,

Glad you were able to find the problem. Thanks for the link to your site too. It’s always exciting to see how people use our themes and you guys have done a good job with Bottega.

If you need anything else, let me know,
    Bill

Hanna Guerra
    Participant

Hi Bill and Meghan,

Actually, I have just recently realized the same problem that Meghan accounted: the main sliders not showing and the 5 images not clickable…I have not installed any plugins in a long time. Have also upgraded WP. What could be wrong? What should I be looking for and how can I fix this asap?

Thank you,
    Hanna

Bill Robbins

Hanna,

Sorry for the trouble. There was a change with WordPress 3.3 that would affect the version of the Bottega theme that you’re running. You can make an edit to the theme to bring back the slideshow or you can download the current version of the theme and that should also take care of the trouble too.

If you’d like to make the update yourself, here’s how:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose footer.php and look for a spot that looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
      $(window).load(function() {
      	$('#slider').nivoSlider({
      		effect:'fade', //Specify sets like: 'fold,fade,sliceDown'
      		slices:1,
      		animSpeed:500, //Slide transition speed
      		pauseTime:4000,
      		directionNav:false //Next & Prev
      	});
      });
      </script>
      <script type="text/javascript">
      	// superfish
      	$(function(){
      		$('ul.menu').superfish();
      	});

// featured post cover and reveal
      	$(document).ready(function(){
      		$('.boxgrid.captionfull').hover(function(){
      			$(".cover", this).stop().animate({top:'0px'},{queue:false,duration:160});
      		}, function() {
      			$(".cover", this).stop().animate({top:'178px'},{queue:false,duration:160});
      		});
      	});
      </script>

3. Replace it with this:

4. Save your changes.

See if that doesn’t get things going again. If you have trouble, let me know.

Bill

Hanna Guerra
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for that…and, I did as above…and it has not impacted anything at this time. Not working. 🙁 Any chance I can give you the login to check it out for yourself? I do not want to have to download the theme again if that means putting everything back…I do not have time for that…as well, my site gets a lot of visits every day.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,
    Hanna

Bill Robbins

Hanna,

I’d be glad to take care of it for you. Just send a login to support@organizedthemes.com and I’ll get you up and running again.

Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Main Slide show not displaying’ is closed to new replies.