Main Page Menu Item issue

Support Area Forums Agency Main Page Menu Item issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Ralph Pretus
    Participant

Hi Bill. I’m having trouble with the menu items that appear on the main page. I can get the image to show up via featured images, but can’t get the text and link to appear when you mouse over it. http://www.allamericanbuildingmaterials.com

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Ralph,

Thank you for your business first of all. I really do appreciate it.

I took a look at your site and did see one thing that you’ll want to change. In your WordPress control panel select Pages and edit your Home page. In the right hand column, you’ll see a drop-down menu for templates. Choose Home from that drop-down and then update your page. That will help out with the widgets at the bottom of your home page.

I did see your featured row. When I tried hovering over the items, the title and link popped up.

You might try clearing out your browser’s cache and refreshing your home page and see if that won’t bring up the hover links for you. If you still have trouble, let me know which browser and version you’re using and I’ll see if I can find out what’s happening.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Ralph Pretus
    Participant

Wonderful, that seems to have done the trick!!

One other question….my links at the top of the page, when my browser isn’t in full screen, they display fine. Once I go to full screen, they right align and move into two rows. Been racking my head on that for a day now. And also, for a graphic logo at the top of the page, is there a specific recommended image size? Or a way to enlarge the header so it can fit any particular size image?

Bill Robbins

Glad that helped out.

For the navigation, I’d suggest doing this:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#header {
      		height: auto;
      	}

#logo,
      	#text-logo {
      		position: relative;
      		top: auto;
      		left: auto;
      		text-align: left;
      		width: 100%;
      		height: auto;
      	}

#text-logo h1,
      	#text-logo p {
      		margin: 10px;
      	}

#logo img,
      	#text-logo img {
      		max-height: 100%;
      	}

#navigation {
      		float: none;
      		display: inline;
      		width: 100%;
      		margin-top: 0px;
      	}

#navigation ul {
      	}

#navigation .menu li {
      		display: inline-block;
      	}

3. Update your settings.

That will make your navigation line up under the logo as opposed to beside it. That way it won't wrap into two rows until the screen size gets quite a bit smaller.

For a graphic logo, you do have some flexibility, especially with the navigation moved down. I would shoot for a maximum width of 700 pixels and a maximum height of 100-120 pixels. That should give you good results there.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Main Page Menu Item issue’ is closed to new replies.