Mailchimp icon

Support Area Forums Kerygma Mailchimp icon

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
URL to the page in question: http://comejourney.org
  • Author
    Kymone Hinds
    Participant

How can I get an icon at the bottom like the social media icons that points to our mailchimp newsletter sign ups?

Bill Robbins

You could try a plugin like Nav Menu Images (https://wordpress.org/plugins/nav-menu-images/) that lets you add images to navigation menu items.

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

Ok. I think I may be missing something. I have the mailchimp configured for a page or widget. However I don’t know how to get a link to add to the menu? I wanted the same thing that the page or widget would point to.

Bill Robbins

Say you’ve added your MailChimp form to a page. You would then add that page to your navigation menu just like you added the other pages on your site. Go to Appearance in your dashboard and click on Menus. On the left hand side all of your pages will be listed with the ones added last first. Check the box by a page and click the add to menu button to add that page to your menu. Then save your menu.

You can also a link to any URL using the links section of the menu builder. It’s below the pages. You can use it to create a menu item for any URL, on your site or not.

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

Almost there…now how do I get that icon that i created to display like the others at the bottom of the page

Bill Robbins

You could try a plugin like Nav Menu Images (https://wordpress.org/plugins/nav-menu-images/) that lets you add images to navigation menu items.

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

I already added the image. I have done the steps outlined above. It just is not showing up at the bottom of the page like the other social media icons

Bill Robbins

Perfect. Thanks for adding that. It saves me having to recreate that.

Now do this:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

li.has-image .screen-reader-text {
      	position: relative;
      	top: auto;
      	left: auto;
      }

li.has-image img {
      	max-width: 40px;
      	position: relative;
      	top: 20px;
      }

3. Update your settings.

That should let you see your image now.

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

You are awesome. Now the newsletter image is a rich blue color. Is there a way to get the others to their natural colors – facebook – blue, youtube – red etc?

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that did the trick 🙂

If I was looking to do that myself, I would probably find a set of icons that matched and had the colors I was looking for. Then just add them like you did the email one. That way everything is consistent and looks like you’d like it to.

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

Bill….you are the man

Kymone Hinds
    Participant

It is showing both the new icon and the original icon. Take a look. How can I remove the original icon with the same color on all.

Bill Robbins

Once you have the new icons set, you can remove the original ones like this:

#menu-social-media li a::before {
    	display: none;
    }

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Mailchimp icon’ is closed to new replies.