Logo issue on events "category"

Support Area Forums Bottega Logo issue on events "category"

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Glynnes Pruett
    Participant

Hello! I know I asked you yesterday about moving the logo up- rather it was in the way. Now I seem to have the same issue with my events- category- I am using The events plugin from modern tribe. Any idea where i should place the code from yesterday? Thank you

Glynnes Pruett
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Good Evening Glynnes,

The plugin does use a slightly different HTML structure for its pages so let’s change this code from yesterday:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) {

#content {
    		margin-top: 100px;
    	}

}

to be like this:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) {

#content,
    	#tribe-events-pg-template {
    		margin-top: 100px;
    	}

}

and see if that doesn’t do the trick for you. That’s my best guess since the coming soon plugin is turned on at the moment, but I think that’s right.

Let me know if yo have trouble,
    Bill

Glynnes Pruett
    Participant

worked like a charm! Thanks! Any idea on how to format their events within your theme? All of the details run from side to side with no formatting..

Bill Robbins

Most likely we can make some changes to it. Is there a way I can see the page without the coming soon plugin active?

Glynnes Pruett
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Good Morning Glynnes,

Thank you for sending over the login. There is one feature of this plugin that I really do like and totally forgot about. On the plugin settings page, there is a tab called “Display.” On this screen there is an option for the default template that the plugin uses. It has one built in that displays be default, but you can choose one of the ones that’s included with the theme too.

I set that option to display using the theme’s default page template. You could also use the full width template if you’d like to get rid of the sidebar.

See if that doesn’t help out with the layout and the logo in one shot.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Glynnes Pruett
    Participant

thanks bill!

The layout is great! I only have one small issue, same category- the small grid calendar on the home page- its a widget. When you go to select an event from that calendar, it pops up at the bottom of said grid calendar. except, you can’t view the pop up because it’s hidden by the events list widget. Is there anyway to turn the pop up into a hover, like when you view it in the giant events section? I know its the weekend so no worries!

thanks again

Bill Robbins

I took a look at the widget for you. It looks like the calendar grid places a list of the upcoming events down below the grid. At the moment, it’s hidden behind the Upcoming Events widget.

The home page uses a script called Masonry to keep gaps from forming between the widgets. It’s the same layout style that Pinterest has.

It determines the height and width of the items and arranges them to remove spaces. The grid calendar widget is loading in the events after the height has been set. That’s causing the loaded events to be under the other widget. Does that make sense?

The only way I know around that would be to set a height for the grid widget. That will give it enough room for the events as they are loaded in. If you want to see how that would be, give this a try:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

.widget.tribe_mini_calendar_widget {
      	z-index: 2000;
      	height: 960px;
      	overflow: hidden;
      }

3. Update your settings.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Glynnes Pruett
    Participant

any way to make it responsive to how many events there are per day? now it takes up the entire right side of the page.

Bill Robbins

Unfortunately there isn’t. It’ll have to be a fixed height tall enough to cover the maximum number of events that will be there.

Glynnes Pruett
    Participant

thank you!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Logo issue on events "category"’ is closed to new replies.