Login code for top of theme

Support Area Forums Progress Login code for top of theme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Dale Eby
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Do you a script or coding that would enable a login field to be put in the upper right corner of the theme, perhaps with inline with the end of the slideshow?

I was thinking something small like you have for the member log into this site.

I have tried adding the plugin WP-Members to the widgets area, it is just to large and distorts the look of the theme. I have tried a few others, they are similar to WP-members.

Or perhaps you have some other ideas that may work? I am trying password protect some content.

Thank you

Bill Robbins

Dale,

Great question. There are a couple of options for you. If you only want some content locked down, you can always password protect those pages/posts. If you only want some portions of your site to have limited access, you can use a plugin called Members or Wishlist Member (which is the one I use on this site). Both of these allow you to specify which content is available to registered users only and also to create different types of members.

Wishlist includes a login widget that you can use and there are also quite a few plugins in the WordPress.org plugins directory that allow you to add a login widget. One popular one is Login With Ajax since that lets people login without having to visit your WordPress dashboard.

You can also create your own login form. There is a Codex article that walks through the function. You could add it to your header.php file to make it appear on all of your pages, though you’ll need to add some styling to it in order for it to look right.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Dale Eby
    Participant

Thank you Bill for your suggestions. I appreciate the prompt response,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Login code for top of theme’ is closed to new replies.