Links & Photos

Support Area Forums Kerygma Links & Photos

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://hopechurchgr.rcachurches.org
  • Author
    Peter TeWinkle
    Participant

Bill,

I’d like to link to my calendar from the main navigation menu on top of the page. I have established an “Events” link at the top but can’t seem to change the target so that the calendar comes up when I click on it. Is that possible?

Also, I’d like to put a hero image up on the page where we’ll list our blog entries and podcasts, but when I do they don’t show up. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks,
    Peter

Peter TeWinkle
    Participant

Also, can I align the text in the welcome box over to the left. It seems to be shifted to the right side of the box and I can’t find a way to move it.

Thanks,
    Peter

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Peter,

Great questions. Let’s find answers for you.

Navigation Menu Link
    With the events calendar, the way to add in a menu item is a bit different. What you’ll want to do is go to the Events section and select Settings. In the box near the top of this screen there is a link by where it says “Where’s my calendar?” Click on that and then copy the URL out of your browser’s navigation bar.

Then go to the Appearance section in your dashboard and choose Menus. On the left hand side you’ll see a spot for links. Click on that. In the URL field, place the URL you just copied and below that the text you’d like to have in your navigation menu for the events. Then add it to your menu like you would a page. Save your changes.

That should give you a working link for the calendar now.

Welcome Box
    The welcome box has a space on the left for a navigation menu. If you don’t need it, we can take out that space. Here’s how:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

.welcome-content {
      	float: none;
      	width: 100%;
      }

3. Update your settings.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Links & Photos’ is closed to new replies.