Link colour not working properly

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Link colour not working properly

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.humansupport.nl
  • Author
    Renate Bleij
    Participant

Dear Bill,

When using styling to give my links (internal and external) another colour (e.g. blue) it seems that links sometimes indeed get the correct colour but also sometimes not. My links are blue at the moment, but as you can see in the screenshot 1 is blue and 3 are white.

Can you please help me with this?

Thank you.

Regards,

Renate.

Renate Bleij
    Participant

Dear Bill,

I might have found the solution. Could it be possible that the link colour is determining whether or not it is working properly? So, if it is not an internet save colour, perhaps my website does not understand? I have changed the colour now, and it seems to be working…

Regards,

Renate.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Renate,

Great question there. One possibility would be that there is a style applied to that link from inside the visual editor. Any styles applied that way will override any styles set by the theme. That’s one thing that could be happening.

If you can make it so I can take a look at that page (I’m seeing a coming soon screen) I can tell you for sure what’s happening.

Thanks,
    Bill

Renate Bleij
    Participant

Dear Bill,

I can create a temporary account so you can login and take a look. do you have an email I can use?

Thank you.

Regards,

Renate.

Bill Robbins

You can email it to support@organizedthemes.com or make a post here private. Either way will securely get it to me.

Thanks,
    Bill

Renate Bleij
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the login. Can you adjust the level on the coming soon plugin so I can see past it? It looks like it requires a higher account level than this one.

Bill

Renate Bleij
    Participant

Dear Bill,

The plugin has been disabled.

Regards,

Renate.

Bill Robbins

Renate,

Perfect. It’s the “visited link” color that’s different there. There are a couple of options for you. You can make the visited links there white like the others, or you can change the others so they are that color if you’d like to. Just place either snippet you’d like to use in the Custom CSS box that’s in the styling tab of the theme options page and that should do it.

Make all links white

.nano a,
    .nano a:visited {
    	color: #ffffff;
    }

Make all links blue

.nano a,
    .nano a:visited {
    	color: #67a2ea;
    }

Save your changes after you apply either of those and that should make the links there uniform again. Let me know if you run into any trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Link colour not working properly’ is closed to new replies.