Link colour not working in visual editor

Support Area Forums Forward Link colour not working in visual editor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Anna
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I am using Visual Editor (SiteOrigin) and my links are not coming up in a different colour. Same issue shows up with the sidebar where I am using a visual editor widget to enter the links and placing it into the Default sidebar. The link colour does work in pages where I am not using the visual editor. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

Anna

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Anna,

Great questions. The colors selected in the Customizer are not reflected in the visual editor. So if you’ve added a different color for links in the customizer you’ll still see the default ones as you write content. The correct ones should be there when the page is viewed on the front end though.

Unless a custom color has been applied to the link inside the visual editor. One of the options in the visual editor is to apply color to text including links. That will override any color selected in the customizer.

I can’t say for certain what’s happening here. If you’d like to send over a link to the page in question I can take a look for you. If you’ll also let me know what color you’re expecting which links to be, I can get more specific for you too.

Thanks,
    Bill

Anna
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thanks Anna,

I took a look for you. Those links are inside text widgets so they will take the link color that’s set for widget links. You can change that by going to the customizer and clicking on Widget Styles. Then choose Sidebar Widgets. You’ll find a color selector there for widget links. It looks like it’s currently set to be #313131. Try changing that and see if it won’t allow your widget links to have a different color.

Let me know if it gives you trouble,
    Bill

Anna
    Participant

Thank you. Don’t know why I missed that! It worked.

Bill Robbins

Glad that did the trick. Sometimes we all need an extra set of eyes on a problem.

Have a fantastic week 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Link colour not working in visual editor’ is closed to new replies.