Lightbox gallery

Support Area Forums Progress Lightbox gallery

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Angela Swarts
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I want to add a Lightbox style Gallery with captions to a few pages. Do you have any suggestions? I’ve tried a few plugins, but they don’t work correctly or scramble the rest of the theme.

Thank you for your help,
    Angela

Bill Robbins

Angela,

Great question. There is actually a lightbox version of the WordPress gallery that’s part of the theme already. You’re welcome to use it (it’s turned on by default in the theme options page). If you’d like to go with a plugin, just select “No” to “Include Lightbox Gallery” on the “Identity” tab in the theme options page.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill Robbins

Angela Swarts
    Participant

The one included in theme didn’t work well with the aesthetic I’m going for and there is that white bar on the right side of the image too. I managed to find a plugin (after going through several) and get it working w/out messing up the theme.

thanks again :o)

Bill Robbins

Angela,

I’m glad you were able to find one that suited your style. Most likely we’re going to have to remove the lightbox gallery with the next theme update. The license of the script we use has changed and is no longer compatible with being included in themes. You’re already a step ahead by having a plugin.

If I can help with anything, just let me know,
    Bill

ben ramlee
    Participant

Hi,
    i am trying to use gallery that cmes together with template , could not do so.
    what is the plugin that you suggested?

thank you and hope to hear from you soon!
    :)ben

Angela Swarts
    Participant

Ben,

I used the WP jQuery Lightbox

If you want to see it, my site is caymanhumanesociety.com . The gallery is on the cats/dogs for adoption posts.

Cheers,
    Angela

Bill Robbins

Angela,

Thanks for the tip. We recently tried the easy Fancybox Plugin and found it, well easy to use.

Good looking site by the way.

Bill

Evelyn Townsend
    Participant

Hi Bill,

The lightbox posts that came with the Foundation theme doesn’t seem to work.

I can create a new gallery but of course there is no lightbox effect.

Is there something I need to do other than ensure the settings are correct in the Theme options (which they are).

I saw there were quite a lot of effects and I am interested in including a gallery with lightbox.

Thank you,
    Evelyn

Bill Robbins

Evelyn,

Sorry for the trouble. If you’ll leave a link to the page/post where you’re having trouble with the lightbox, I’ll take a look first thing in the morning. One caveat about the lightbox, if you have any links in the captions they will interfere with the lightbox script.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Lightbox gallery’ is closed to new replies.