left and right margin

Support Area Forums Progress left and right margin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author

HI,
    I have changes the margin at the top 5px and the bottom 5px, but I want to change the side margins, left margin and right margin to same exact size as top and bottom.

how do i do that?

Also, I want it to look the same, in every computer, , I checked in a different and in one page, ( tender there is a bigger space at the bottom, and it looks different from the other pages.

Can you have a look please.

konwardevelopment.com page that looks different ( Tender)

Please let me know

Thank you for all your help.

Bill Robbins

The top and bottom padding is set in pixels and the left and right have been set in % (this was our only % based theme). You can set them all to be % in order to have the same all around. Here’s the CSS to do that:

html .full {
    	padding: 2%;
    	overflow: hidden;
    }

What’s different on the tender page, is the content is taller than the image. That causes the unordered list on that screen to set the height. There’s a bottom margin on unordered lists so that any content that follows it will have some separation from the list. You can remove the bottom margin from that list this way:

article.post-22 ul {
    	margin-bottom: 0; 
    }

Have a great evening,
    Bill

Hi,

Thank you

But my friend doesn’t want any space around, so I want almost no spaces around top, bottom and sides.
    I have changed it 1% and the space at the top and bottom has significantly reduced, but on the pages where pictures are on the right hand side, the space has increased, how can I make it the same size as the left side margin, top and bottom please?

Please let me know

Thank you

Bill Robbins

You’ll also need to change the width here so that it adds up to 100%. Something like this if you want 1%:

.full {
    	width: 98%;
    	padding: 1%;
    }

if you want no padding at all, then this:

.full {
    	width: 100%;
    	padding: 0;
    }

which will likely look at bit unusual with the text right against the colored edge of the content area. Just remember, in this situation the width + the padding needs to equal 100%.

You may also want to remove any padding from the left and right hand side of your images:

img.alignright,
    img.alignleft {
    	padding-left: 0;
    	padding-right: 0;
    }

Let me know how it works,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘left and right margin’ is closed to new replies.