Latest tweets: The Twitter API returned an error while processing your request.

Support Area Forums Photobug Latest tweets: The Twitter API returned an error while processing your request.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Joel Tim
    Participant

I set up your Latest Tweets widget in the Header Sidebar.

It looks awesome but my tweet will only be displayed temporarily before turning into the following message:
    ”The Twitter API returned an error while processing your request. Please try again.”

When I delete this widget and put it back, it will work temporarily before turning in the same error. Help!

Bill Robbins

Joel,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great question too. Twitter is in the process of switching version of the API which is used by the widget to pull in tweets. That’s what’s causing the feed to drop out from time to time. It seems to happen to some accounts more than others and I’m not sure why that is.

In the next update, we’ll pull the Twitter widget out of the theme in favor of a plugin. I would suggest using either the Twitter widget that’s part of the Jetpack plugin or the Twitter Widget Pro plugin. Both use the updated API and can pull your tweets in.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Joel Cornett
    Participant

I used the Twitter Timeline widget that’s part of Jetpack, but it’s lost the nice formatting of the twitter bird and quote and is just the timeline. The regular twitter widget doesn’t work anymore…

Bill Robbins

Changing the style isn’t hard. If you’ll send over the URL to your site, I’ll let you know what to change.

Thanks,
    Bill

Joel Cornett
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Joel,

I ended up working out a new Twitter widget for the themes. You can give it a shot if you’d like to. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit.
    2. From the files on your right, choose widget-twitter.php.
    3. Replace all the code there with this:

4. Save your changes.

That should update the widget to one that’s friendly with Twitter’s new API and the theme’s existing styling.

Let me know if you have any trouble with it,
    Bill

Joel Cornett
    Participant

Great! Thanks!

Bill Robbins

No problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Latest tweets: The Twitter API returned an error while processing your request.’ is closed to new replies.