Just found a funny image quirk

Support Area Forums Bottega Just found a funny image quirk

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Talisman
    Participant

I don’t know if this is a bug, but when I click images to enlarge them, the theme actually takes me to a page with the same name as the image that contains the same small thumbnail–rather than showing the full-sized JPEG file. Is this intentional?

Check http://www.thetalismanrestaurant.com/main/the-restaurant/, for instance. If you click the small images in the text section, they pull up odd pages with a sidebar and a thumbnail of the image clicked. Can I change this? I’d much rather the full image open as a gallery enlargement or as a simple http://URL.com/example.jpeg page.

Thanks!

J.

Bill Robbins

When you’re inserting an image, WordPress gives you a few link options for that image: none, file URL, or attachment URL. If you select none, then the image won’t a link associated with it. If you pick file, WordPress will link to the full size image file directly. If you pick attachment URL (which is the initial default), then WordPress will link to a single post view of the image in place of the post’s content. You can actually have comments on pictures that way if you want to.

If you have the built-in light box turned on and you pick the “file URL” as the link, then the theme will open up the image in a light box for you.

Hope that helps clear up the mystery,
    Bill

Talisman
    Participant

Ah ha! That clears it up nicely. I did turn on light box, but I didn’t see it doing anything. I’ll go make sure I’ve set all the images to point to file URL.

Thanks!

Jennie

Talisman
    Participant

Hmmm… Okay, I changed to link to image URL, but the lightbox gallery feature doesn’t work, even though it is set to “yes” under the Identity tab in Theme Options. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

J.

Bill Robbins

I gave it a try on the page you mentioned earlier and it worked for me. Here’s a quick screenshot.

Talisman
    Participant

Well, I’ll be! I guess I must have forgotten to refresh the page after saving. Works now for me, too. Gorgeous.

Thanks again!

J.

Bill Robbins

Fantastic…great looking site too.

Talisman
    Participant

We had a fabulous photographer in last month who just did a stellar job. Marry that to your excellent theme, and the results can’t help but look great!

Many thanks!

J.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Just found a funny image quirk’ is closed to new replies.