"just another wordpress site" questions

Support Area Forums Moonrise "just another wordpress site" questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Morgan Hurley
    Participant

Hey Bill,

So I recently made the website live. I searched for the website and after the website it says “just another wordpress site” How do I change this? Also, wanted to see if you would look it over and see if you have any suggestions. The website is for our restaurant called Mex 1 Coastal Cantina. The website is http://www.mex1can.com. Check it out and let me know. I had a buddy check out some stuff for me and the only thing he suggested is that since my food menu page is a jpeg of the menu, that I won’t have much content. I am curious as to how I can keep the jpeg of the menu up but add all the meta tag and seo information to make it searchable on google. I added Yoast and don’t know if that will help. I haven’t started adding a ton of info in there yet. Lemme know what you think!!

Morgan

Bill Robbins

Morgan,

Sorry for not getting to you before I left for the weekend. Funny thing…we spent the weekend in Charleston and even ventured to Folly Beach on Saturday. There’s actually a cafe there called Black Magic Cafe that uses another of our themes. I recognized their logo from a support request while driving down the road.

Good question about the tagline too. To change that, go to the Settings section and select General. You’ll find the tagline field near the top of that page. You can change it something more useful than the default and then save your changes. That should help that for you.

You could also hide a text menu if you want to stick with a JPEG. Here’s how you could do that:

1. Edit the page where you have your menu.
    2. Switch to the “text” editor by clicking the “text” tab in the top right of the main content box.
    3. Scroll down to the bottom of the content.
    4. Enter this:
    5. Then after that, use the menu shortcodes to enter your menu items. There’s a spot in the theme instructions that explain how they work.
    6. After you’ve added those, at the very bottom, paste this:

7. Update your page.

That should insert the menu items so Google can find them without letting them be seen by your visitors.

I hope that helps out. If you have any questions, let me know.

Enjoy your week,
    Bill

Morgan Hurley
    Participant

Ok I figured out the tag line part. The hide the menu part is where I have another question. When I embed the div display none, can I just add a long text file of the menu items and such to hide underneath. I would prefer not to have type in each taco and the description if possible. I can just copy and paste the menu in, but the only problem is it is not formatted and looks just like a notepad version. Will this be ok? Unless there is another way to import the pdf and make it viewable and clean. Let me know what you think…

Morgan

Bill Robbins

Pasting from notepad would be the way to go there since your making it for Google.

Embedding a PDF is tricky due to inconsistent browser support.

Let me know if I can help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘"just another wordpress site" questions’ is closed to new replies.