Issues with Campaign Widgent

Support Area Forums Grassroots Issues with Campaign Widgent

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
URL to the page in question: http://dawanet.ca/wp/
  • Author
    amer meknas
    Participant

hello there… just installed the them and the sample data… for some reason, the campaign widgets don’t show (I installed the demo data as instructed but get an error that site is not compatible with campaign widget…)

Bill Robbins

Amer,

Sorry for the trouble there. Have you installed the Campaign Extension yet? It’s in the download section here in case you haven’t. Once it’s activated you should be able to add your campaigns inside WooCommerce.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

amer meknas
    Participant

thanks for the tip.. I did that, but I still don’t get the campaign status bar… any reason? (how much money raised of total campaign)

Also, is there a list of all the plugins that need to be installed for this theme to work… (I see there is reference for a slider sort of extension in the widget in home 5)…

Bill Robbins

Amer,

I see what you mean now. It looks like WooCommerce recently deprecated a function that generates the graph. I just replaced that in the extension plugin and will push out the update shortly. In should be in your dashboard soon. Once the update is made you should be good to go.

Thanks,
    Bill

amer meknas
    Participant

Hello,

I still don’t see an update in the dashboard.. any issue with this? please let me know when to expect it to be working….

thanks

Bill Robbins

Amer,

Sorry about that. We use this updater for our themes, but this first time we’ve used it in a plugin setting. I didn’t realize it hadn’t notified you yet.

Let’s do this. Delete the extension from your site and download the current version manually from ours. Once you install and activate it, you should be good to go.

Let me know if you have trouble,
    Bill

amer meknas
    Participant

hmm… just did that and for some reason, no change… I downloaded it from the download section, deactivated the current one, removed the plugin, uploaded the new one, activated it, but still same issue 🙂

let me know thanks

Bill Robbins

Any chance you could let me log in and take a look? If you’ll mark the post as private, I’ll be the only one who can see the login information.

Thanks,
    Bill

amer meknas
    Participant

Organized Themes Campaign Extension For WooCommerce

11.13.2014 – version 1.0.1
    * campaign.php — updated db query to reflect deprecating of shop_order_status (http://develop.woothemes.com/woocommerce/2014/08/wc-2-2-order-statuses-plugin-compatibility/)

09.08.2014- version 1.0.0
    * First release!

here is the file changlong… it does seem to be the correct version… but not sure what’s happening…

amer meknas
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thanks.

Grrr…I really hate Woo’s total disregard for backwards compatibility. Looks like the update worked for me because my development site was started with version 2.1+ and not 2.2+

Let me try this again.

Sorry,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

I think I found my gremlin. What I did was create an order for one of the items. I set the cost to be zero so it won’t affect your numbers. But that appears to have brought up the missing progress graphs.

Let me know if you run into any other trouble there.

So sorry about all that.

Bill

amer meknas
    Participant

hmm… not sure what you mean… the bar still does not show… do I need to do something on my end?

Bill Robbins

It looks like it’s working to me. I’ve attached a screenshot to show you what I’m seeing on your front page with the campaign widget.

amer meknas
    Participant

yeah it is visible now 🙂 thanks

now, for some reason, it does not update when I donate… (I did two donations through cheque and completed the orders in Woocommerce)… for some reason, that is not reflected in there…

Also, the donate any amount does not seem to work anymore… was that feature removed in the latest version of WooCommerce? I see an addon for $50 on their website (http://www.woothemes.com/products/name-your-price/) Or were you using some other way of doing it 🙂 I’d prefer the save the $50 if I can… 🙂

thanks

amer

Bill Robbins

Glad it’s showing up. The results are cached for up to ten minutes to keep from bombarding the database with too many queries. It can take just a minute for the new donations to be there.

The name your own price is made with another extension called “Shatner” (https://wordpress.org/plugins/shatner-name-your-own-price-for-woocommerce/). That’s what we use in the demo and recommend in the documentation too. You can go with the paid one, but this could save you $50 for essentially the same thing.

By the way, your site is really looking great 🙂

Bill

amer meknas
    Participant

thanks for the help 🙂 that worked 🙂 Thanks for the support…

Bill Robbins

Fantastic!

So sorry for the drama. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues with Campaign Widgent’ is closed to new replies.